Accident Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mod Note:
I've moved the posts related to @Randombiker9's accident to a separate thread in commuting, for better response.

Steeler

Über Member
When out riding for any distance I carry two items in my rain jacket or zipped jersey pocket, in case of an accident which leaves me unconscious;
For the police I carry my driving licence as it shows my name, DoB & address.
For the ambulance & medics I also carry a laminated card with name, postcode, DoB, GP address, NHS number, blood group, medication and wife's name & mobile number.

grumpydad

My son was involved in a nasty car crash last year, after we took our own pictures of the injuries, the consultant took his own and said because the police/courts would look at his pictures as reliable evidence. Worth keeping in mind.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
My son was involved in a nasty car crash last year, after we took our own pictures of the injuries, the consultant took his own and said because the police/courts would look at his pictures as reliable evidence. Worth keeping in mind.
I agree, it's a professional supplying the proof.

The advantage to taking your own pictures is that yours can be used as a "visual diary" as the marks appear over time.

Hope he's feeling better soon and it hasn't put him off.

Top Bottom