Accie's fake Rolex.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Or even a Carrot ;)

I didn't know Jasper Carrott is a moron?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
2_0740_master.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Carat and Karat are spellings you will see interchangeably in jewellery related texts. “Carat” as a spelling can refer to either gold purity or diamond weight, whereas “karat” can only refer to gold purity.

I wore my newly acquired IWC pocket watch and chain around Accrington yesterday. I had it on display with my jacket open. As I walked past Lloyds bank on Peel Street I saw 2 police cars and a police van across the road. Soon after I saw the plod leading a felon out of a shop in handcuffs, then placing him in the back of the van.

nc_ohc=dnqiUKjOtSEAX_urf-1&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

When the dust had settled I walked across and asked one copper what had gone on. He said he wasn't allowed to say, but did spot my 'blingy' watch and gave me some advice. Quote..." Be careful wearing that around here sir"! "We've had quite a few robberies and break ins in the town centre lately". If one none too friendly type spots that, they'll wave to another of those types who'll stop you and rip it off your waistcoat". I thanked him for his advice as he left. After that I felt a bit uneasy and buttoned my jacket up. :unsure:

Edit... Clock the 'oldie' wearing chavvy clothing, in the right of the photo'! Sports Direct seems to supply 90 percent of Accrington's over 65's clothing!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Probably sage advice from the copper. Certainly when I go down to Larndon I ditch the Tudor for the Casio or Garmin - the senior police management are too busy stopping coppers from wearing charity badges to spend any time stopping thr machete-wielding watch robbers!

I'm quite happy to punch the lights out of any robber that tries in on, but there's no argument to be had if they've got a blade.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Would this Omega watch be worth buying, as in will it become a collectors item in years to come? Not so much will it be a much sought after item, more will it hold its price, even increase in value a little? 🤔
https://www.themanual.com/fashion/omega-debuts-paris-olympics-2024-seamaster-edition/
I suppose not taking it out of its packaging/box and not wearing it would help, but then why have an 8 grand watch and not touch it, never mind wear it, in the hope it'll be worth more than 8 grand in years to come.

Last edited:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Would this Omega watch be worth buying, as in will it become a collectors item in years to come? Not so much will it be a much sought after item, more will it hold its price, even increase in value a little? 🤔

https://www.themanual.com/fashion/omega-debuts-paris-olympics-2024-seamaster-edition/

https://www.lepage.fr/en/20304-omeg...axial-master-chronometer-white-dial-steel-bra

I suppose not taking it out of its packaging/box and not wearing it would help, but then why have an 8 grand watch and not touch it, never mind wear it, in the hope it'll be worth more than 8 grans in years to come.

Modern Omegas don’t tend to hold their value especially well, although I’ve seen a couple of Tokyo Olympic references going for a bit more than retail. You’d probably be better sticking the money in an ISA.

As far as buying it to wear and enjoy, that Paris 2024 Seamaster really doesn’t do it for me.

The last one, that'll be cracks in the enamel dial. Also, the hands are more than just a bit squiffy. A good watchmaker might be able to do something about those, but there's no guarantee. Sourcing like-for-like hands will not be easy.

I know diddly squat about pocket watches, but my personal choice would be the one with the art deco bow. Looks like it's at the crossover point between art nouveau and art deco with that stylised floral decoration on the bezel, so 1920s, perhaps.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The last one, that'll be cracks in the enamel dial. Also, the hands are more than just a bit squiffy. A good watchmaker might be able to do something about those, but there's no guarantee. Sourcing like-for-like hands will not be easy.

I know diddly squat about pocket watches, but my personal choice would be the one with the art deco bow. Looks like it's at the crossover point between art nouveau and art deco with that stylised floral decoration on the bezel, so 1920s, perhaps.
This one Reynard?

il_794xn-4330908580_murd-jpg.jpg

I do like it, but this one has such intricate work on the case and it's a face covered hunter pocket watch, so it's different, not similar to my IWC pocket watch. Plus its crown is much nicer, in my opinion. 🤔

il_794xN.3532414359_hnip.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I do like that case, but buying it would mean spending a lot of money to have it fixed, on a watch you've already spent nearly £1400 on.

Top Bottom