Accie's fake Rolex.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
That that day - you know which one - I'm pretty sure it most definitely be part of scotland any more. Back in my home islands the idea of going with the rest of them is about as popular as one of Accy's kipper ties :laugh:
Legally it is part of Scotland but when arriving by ferry the townscape is Scandinavian. I have been there several times for extended visits to family and was within the community. Very different from anywhere else in Scotland or even Orkney.

Drago

Legendary Member
Indeed. Many of the place names and much if the Shetlandic patois are norse in origin. Indeed, the closest railway station is in Norway.

irw

Quadricyclist
are they, by any chance? :hello:

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of:
accyronnie.jpg

:tongue:

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
After 4 weeks of not hearing from the supplier I emailed them on Monday asking if the watch was close to being delivered to me. I didn't get a reply, so I emailed them again yesterday. Again no reply. Then today I received an email from them in Chinese. Later in the day I got a mini bank statement showing they'd put the £130 back into my account. I'm so relieved, not only to get my money back, but I didn't want to ask my neighbour to reimburse me the money if the watch didn't turn up. Anyway, it's all sorted now so I'm happy and no way will I be ordering anything for anybody else again, especially fake goods from overseas!!!

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
After 4 weeks of not hearing from the supplier i emailed them on Monday asking if the watch was close to being delivered to me. I didn't get a reply, so I emailed them again yesterday. Again no reply. Then today I received an email from them in Chinese. Later in the day i got a mini bank statement showing they'd put the £130 back into my account. I'm so relieved, not only to get my money back, but I didn't want to ask my neighbour to reimburse me the money if the watch didn't turn up. Anyway, it's all sorted now so I'm happy and no way will I be ordering anything for anybody else again, especially fake goods from overseas!!!

Have the Chinese already taken over the USA!? Didn't you say the company you ordered it from was in the USA? Or were they just Hicks In Louisiana, in which case, Chinese, English... What's the difference?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Have the Chinese already taken over the USA!? Didn't you say the company you ordered it from was in the USA? Or were they just Hicks In Louisiana, in which case, Chinese, English... What's the difference?
I paid in dollars, converted from pounds, so yes the site/seller is American. Why they sent a message in Chinese I don't know.🤔 I was going to ask the Chinese take-away round the corner to translate the message, but then I saw the Money had been refunded.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I paid in dollars, converted from pounds, so yes the site/seller is American. Why they sent a message in Chinese I don't know.🤔 I was going to ask the Chinese take-away round the corner to translate the message, but then I saw the Money had been refunded.

Accy just because you paid in Dollars, doesn't make the site/seller American. A lot of Chinese suppliers insist on being paid in Dollars

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Accy just because you paid in Dollars, doesn't make the site/seller American. A lot of Chinese suppliers insist on being paid in Dollars
Well, I'm just glad they repaid me! I seriously thought i'd been ripped off! Another lesson in the school of experience as my dad used to say.

Edit... I'm thinking that they were thinking "he's forgotten about it, so let's keep the £130"...till I contacted them. Why didn't they send the watch though? 🤔

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I spotted some actual genuine Rolex's in Clitheroe this aft'. Notice the lack of metal window shutters on the jeweler's! I know Clitheroe is fairly posh, but that's pushing it a bit too far i'd say! I'm tempted to go back tonight and chuck an Accy Nori (red house brick) through the window and pilfer those timepieces.🧐 The plod shop is closed most of the time, especially at night! This is sooooo tempting!!! :secret:

The top one is the one I ordered online and had all the hassle with.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You’ll find the staff will spend an hour or so each evening taking stock out of the windows and placing them in the safe. They’ll spend a similar time tomorrow morning doing the reverse.

PS The price on the Explorer II is a little optimistic. I got my white dial version, currently the more desirable, for less.
Maybe if the fake had turned up I could've bought the genuine one, then swapped if for the fake, then taken it back asking if i could have my money back as I'd forgotten I already have one.🤔

Aren't all jewellers windows laminated to be sledgehammer proof? I know they tried several times at Pykes jeweller's in Birkenhead and just made business for the re-glazing firms. (Pykes closed as reglazing was too costly).

Top Bottom