Adding a new handle bar to my ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dale 1956

I'm going to add a new handle bar to my ride. It's the UPANBIKE Trekking Cycling Mountain Bike Road Bicycle Butterfly Handlebar with Sponge (φ25.4mm 31.8mm) I got it in the 31.8.I have no idea why this is in bold print.

Seevio

Guru
I have the image in my head of the OP gradually realising the he was slowly losing all control of the formatting before just giving up and hitting post. ^_^

Twilkes

Guru
I'm going to add a new handle bar to my ride. It's the UPANBIKE Trekking Cycling Mountain Bike Road Bicycle Butterfly Handlebar with Sponge (φ25.4mm 31.8mm) I got it in the 31.8.I have no idea why this is in bold print. View attachment 513614

if you do buy these bars be aware that the part of the bar with the brakes on will likely be much closer to you than you are used to, possibly very close to the steering post which will greatly change the handling of the bike; I know this wouldn't suit me me on any of my bikes. And also some of the sponges can be awful so maybe think about wrapping it in standard bar tape.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I tried those type of bars once, as said above there is nowhere else to mount levers other than close to you and right in the middle. Comfy on the outside maybe, but takes some getting used to when switching to a different grip when you need brakes. Worth a try if you want, they're not unuseable, but take care in tight spaces where you need full control

RobinS

Veteran
JanetS has Butterfly bars on her tourer - used for tours of 3 months or so each time - she wouldn't change to anything else after doing about 25,000km with them.

Top Bottom