Admit your ignorance - things you've only just realised/learned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
well I certainly didn't know this - what's going on on the other side:? - what's it trying to keep from us?
I mentioned this to a pal and he said something about a pop group has an album "Dark Side of the Moon", but being a confirmed Classic FM listener it meant nothing to me. I suppose the other side is where Wallace and Gromit found the cheese.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
I mentioned this to a pal and he said something about a pop group has an album "Dark Side of the Moon", but being a confirmed Classic FM listener it meant nothing to me. I suppose the other side is where Wallace and Gromit found the cheese.
ah - should have paid more attention at the back to the Floyd I suppose - tho at the time was listening to stuff before my time - 60s Who etc.
Gawd - perhaps great insights about existence lurk within tales from topographic wotsits.
(tho I'll stick to the Bonzos - also before my time)

lazybloke

Considering a new username
That the label at bottom of my t shirts is always on the left hand side. Making it easier to work out which way round to put them on. Only realised about a month ago, doh!
If you regularly dress in the dark, you quickly learn about the label.
Sadly, not all my undies have the same "indication". Feels weird when put on back to front!

mm - you suggesting that the planets/the universe turn around england?

Nah, we just tell the English that: it helps them feel special.

AndyRM

XOXO
Sadly, not all my undies have the same "indication". Feels weird when put on back to front!

None of mine do. It's led to some close moments when I've got it wrong and have been dying to fire some yellow rope.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
That the label at bottom of my t shirts is always on the left hand side. Making it easier to work out which way round to put them on. Only realised about a month ago, doh!

Hah! I figured that out a year ago. :whistle:

I just told my wife that. She gave me a look and said "of course, I've always known that".
Well that was me 'told' ^_^

It's a good method of orientating T's etc in the dark too.

I wonder how these 'norms' arise?

A bit like zipper 'sides' - my US North Face GTX jacket does my head in being wrong-sided.

I think it's something to do with the fact that labels always used to be at the back in the neck, the left side seems to be a relatively new thing since the neck label seems to have died out. I only noticed myself a few months ago and I've been wearing clothes for nearly 60 years. ^_^

Ermmm! Beat you to it by a couple of years, mind I'm 70!

I have plenty of clothes with both a back-of-the-neck label and an inner LH label.

I am feeling rather smug because the LH side label is something i've been aware of all of my adult life. :becool:
Maybe someone should tell Asda (subs; please check), as their "George" Ts have the label on the right!

(At least they do on the two I have to hand.)

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
A friend of mine had a stroke last year. He finds it really difficult to put a T shirt on the right way round. It's been back to front, inside out, the lot. He now lays the T shirt flat on the table, logo down and outside and sort of dives into it. Only works with T shirts with logos on the front of course, even now a T shirt with stripes on, he can't work it all out. The brain is a funny thing isn't it? I've not asked about his boxers!!

winjim

Smash the cistern
I've been driving for more years than I care to remember, but it was only last year someone pointed out to me that the fuel pump symbol on your dashboard has a little arrow to indicate which side of the vehicle the fuel filler is on - DOH!

View attachment 637697
Wait till you find the little holder on the filler flap to rest the cap on so it's out of the way and not dangling.

Top Bottom