Admit your ignorance - things you've only just realised/learned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's raining.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have just been gripped by an uncontrollable desire to buy bog roll. What is happening to me?
You have had a premonition of the coming Latvian Frog flu pandemic!

I have an old Android tablet which I keep to play puzzle games on. (I have a newer tablet which is much better but the old one is smaller and nicer to hold for long periods.) The volume control is worn out and very difficult to use. After much fiddling it will pop up a volume display and then I had to repeat the fiddling to make adjustments. It took me 12 years to realise that the volume display is actually a control which can easily be operated on the touch screen...! :whistle:

figbat

Slippery scientist
I was asked to take a selfie for someone the other day. I didn't realise it takes the mirror image.

1712091048572.png

T4tomo

Legendary Member
If you use a "mirrored" selfie mode for doing a passport photo, don't expect to use the automatic gates for 10 years, as your face isn't perfectly symmetrical.

ColinJ

If you use a "mirrored" selfie mode for doing a passport photo, don't expect to use the automatic gates for 10 years, as your face isn't perfectly symmetrical.
Shirley Surely an unmirrored selfie photo would cause such problems?! :whistle:

ColinJ

I had no idea this county existed.
It always felt odd to me. I thought of Coventry still being in Warwickshire.

Did you know that Warwick University isn't in Warwick? It is actually on the outskirts of Coventry, on the way to Kenilworth, which IS in Warwickshire.

Coventry University IS in Coventry but used to be Lanchester Polytechnic.

Top Bottom