Admit your insight - things you knew all along that have now become public knowledge.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The prevalence of cloud computing. The ability to have a mobile device with useful real-time data.

Yours, Nostradamus

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I predicted well in advance that Bill Gates would be a bit of a ladies man. The V neck seater under tweed sport coat look is an obvious distraction technique.

DRM

Guru
Mobile phones, I remember saying to my mate round 1975/76 that one day we will have a personal 2 way radio that will be able to communicate with someone elses, just like a phone, not just transmitting so everyone similarly equiped can hear you

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The night before the Carmount (Stonehaven) train crash, the night was unsettled with thunder and lightning in the distance.
I had such a bad feeling that something was going to happen, I didn't know what although I half thought it might be a plane crash (seriously). I just sensed something bad was going to occur.
I was out walking and actually ran home, I felt so strange. The night felt so dark, brooding, threatening.

Fast forwards a few hours and it was not a plane crash, but a train crash. I got 3 letters correct at least. 😱

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I insisted that Lance Armstrong was not riding clean... :whistle:

I told a schoolfriend in the late 1960s that in our lifetime we would be able to buy a personal computer that was more powerful than a mainframe computer of the time costing millions of pounds and filling a large hall. This personal computer would fit into a suitcase, cost less than £25,000, be able to store, create, and play back music, photos, and video, and be able to store thousands of books worth of data. He looked at me as if I was crazy... Little did we realise that my forecast was actually very conservative! :laugh:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
For the coming years:

One day we will all be dead and maybe this forum, this thread, even this message will be saved somewhere as a historic record of how people lived in the early 21st Century.
We'll be 'famous'! 😆

Seriously though, short of a complete breakdown of civilisation as we know it, I reckon future historians will know a LOT about us due to the Internet, films and so on.

For the first time, history will be written by the masses, the common man and not a handful of intellectuals or the great and the good of the time.

I also wonder if there will be archeological digs at old rubbish dumps/landfill sites, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom