Admit your insight - things you knew all along that have now become public knowledge.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Look ahead to 2043, when this will become public knowledge! In 20 years from now, this football club will be 'big time', competing with Europe's elite! 🧐 :whistle:

nc_ohc=j_5ueq47uW0AX_lH1N_&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Look ahead to 2043, when this will become public knowledge! In 20 years from now, this football club will be 'big time'! 🧐 :whistle:

View attachment 706781

What? More abuse of kids?

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Generally all the stuff that stems from the worst side of human nature - climate / environmental issues, the rise of the surveillance state, the direct correlation between how processed food is and how bad it is for you (despite often touted as a healthier alternative) and the widespread damage this is causing to populations (obesity, cancer, heart disease), the general degradation of societies, the fallout from unsustainable economic models.. the continued, accelerating decline of Britain as a country in most respects.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Everything takes me by surprise. Meet Betamax Video/Endowment Mortgage Man.

I do recall, in my school days, having just read the novel 1984 in the 1970s, having to write an essay predicting what life would be like in 40 years' time. Much later in life I found myself kicking my heels, killing time at the Channel Tunnel terminal, browsing the shops while waiting for my train. Thinking back to my school days It just occurred to me that I was actually at the actual Channel Tunnel (which was never going to exist) and had just used my mobile phone (which I would surely never have) to phone my s.i.l. to find out if my nephew already had a particular computer game (never saw that coming) that I had seen in a bargain bucket. I think in my essay I had predicted the usual flying cars and Rocket Man jet packs for all.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I do recall, in my school days, having just read the novel 1984 in the 1970s, having to write an essay predicting what life would be like in 40 years' time.
That's a coincidence... I was thinking about 1984 the other day. (I studied it for my English Literature O-level back in the 70s.) How the telescreens seemed so creepy and far-fetched, yet here we are half a century later surrounded by devices equipped with microphones and video cameras which can be remotely enabled by government and criminal hackers! Tiny wireless spy cameras which are being hidden all over the place by pervs... Big Brother is watching us!! :unsure:

presta

Guru
not just transmitting so everyone similarly equiped can hear you
Most people using the old analogue cellphone system didn't realise that anyone with a receiver could listen in to them.
I'm not surprised - there was a drought in the summer of '76. It was one of the hottest on record at that time.
I went from King's Cross to York on a train with broken down aircon that summer, and Inter City trains don't have windows that open.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Hasn't happened yet, but I predict huge traffic jams, in Kent, around Hastings and Battle in the year 2066.
There will also be centenery celebrations throught the UK to celibrate some footie match that our ancesters last won.

Hastings and Battle are in East Sussex, so I believe you are predicting that the county boundary will be moved westwards?

Top Bottom