Admit your insight - things you knew all along that have now become public knowledge.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
They'll probably lose the will to live at the inland border depot at Ashford. Knocks the Maginot Line into a cocked hat.

Chris S

Legendary Member
mup.jpg

This is probably more like a premonition than a prediction.

One morning, many moons ago, I woke up and asked my (now ex) wife how her friend was. She asked why to which I replied it was following her car accident yesterday. Ex responded that her friend had not been in an accident and it was left there.

That evening my ex got a call from the husband of her friend to say friend had been in a car crash a couple of hours earlier and was ok but going to hospital for precautionary checks.

simongt

Guru
In the early 70s, when the two blade razor came out, I vehemently predicted that there'll be a b****y five blade razor soon - ! :eek:
Bang on - ! :laugh:
Oddly, I've now gone back to DE razors and brush shaving soap. Better shave and recyleable 'waste products'. :okay:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I went from King's Cross to York on a train with broken down aircon that summer, and Inter City trains don't have windows that open.

Umm... Yes they did, even if it was just the droplights on the coach doors (you had to reach out and open the door from the outside for a start).

1976, probably a loco hauled service with either Mk1 or Mk2 coaches, although going on your description, most likely Mk2s.

The Intercity 125 (and Mk3s) also had yet to start on the East Coast (1980/81), so probably a 'Deltic' hauled train or similar.

Unless... Hmm, I can't sensibly think of any stock at the time that didn't have at least some opening windows, not until the Mk4s in the late '80s' anyway.

Last edited:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Skirting a bit close to NACA but sticking to the facts, around 2014 (I think) the Bollo fam were visiting some friends in the Netherlands. I’d gone for a ride with the gentleman of the house and we’d headed off towards Baarle Hertog, which is regarded as having one of the most complex land borders in the world.

Anyways, we got talking about attitudes to Europe and he told me about this ”Brexit” thing that was being talked about in the posh Dutch press. I’d never heard the term before but stated that if it came to a vote then we’d be out of the EU. My Dutch friend scoffed at the idea.

I remember in college creative writing I wrote a story where the UK left the EU and Scotland unilaterally declared independence.

At the risk of straying into the place of darkness, a number of the events in the story are eerily close to what subsequently happened; there was even a rushed trade deal with Japan when the UK left.

Last edited:
Anyways, we got talking about attitudes to Europe and he told me about this ”Brexit” thing that was being talked about in the posh Dutch press. I’d never heard the term before but stated that if it came to a vote then we’d be out of the EU. My Dutch friend scoffed at the idea.

I remember being fairly sure the vote would go the way it did. I think that because I only came to the UK every year or two it was easier to see the direction of opinion.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Hasn't happened yet, but I predict huge traffic jams, in Kent, around Hastings and Battle in the year 2066.
There will also be centenery celebrations throught the UK to celibrate some footie match that our ancesters last won.

I was only thinking the other day about the 1000th anniversary of the Battle Of Hastings and will I see it. If I do I'll be 1 month short of my 106th birthday. Will I make it I wonder. 🤔

Top Bottom