advice on shimano cycling shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Solecyclist

Hi folks can anyone give me any advice on buying Shimano cycling shoes. Im a uk size 10 would it be correct a size 46 would be the right size. I see shimano reccomend going up half a size from somebodys usual fit... Thanks

with shimano shoes I had to go up a full size, even then they was very narrow , can you get to a shop and try some on

vickster

Legendary Member
They do a wide fitting too
Buy a couple of pairs from a retailer with free delivery and free returns eg via Collect+ and return ones that are no good (such as Sigma, maybe Evans, think Wiggle may now charge)
Feet vary so much it’s virtually impossible to say what might fit an individual!

Gunk

Guru
With shoes I’d rather pay a little it more, go to a proper shop and try a couple of pairs on. Saving a tenner online if you have send them back IMO is a waste of time.

Mike_P

Guru
I'm a 10 and bought a pair of Shimano 45s, they seemed okay but after having them on for a while they do start to feel tight so a 46 should be okay. Use them for my short commutes in winter wearing thin socks.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
I’ve just looked at my Shimano M089s. They’re size 46 EU and I usually wear a size 11 UK shoe.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Shoes ....
Best to try as everyone is different I had to Go two sizes up and they were still tight but looked like clown shoes.best fitting shoes I found are northwave and I still go 1 euro size up

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Size 10 here which is a 44/45 Eu sizes, but go to a 46 in Shimano. Northwave I stick at 45, Shimano quite a narrow fit, I've heard of the wide fitting but never found them when I've looked.

Levo-Lon

Guru
As said, i go up a size to 44 with shimano, giro northwave and five 10
I've yet to buy a correct uk size for me cycle shoe.

I have got 45 in Specialized shoes so that's 2sizes, great for thick socks.
And same pair again in 44, snug summer shoe

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Go up one, and risk sending back. Don't go up 2. I'm a 43 (UK9) in normal shoes, but 43/44 in cycling shoes depending on fit. Shimano is 44 for me - tried on in Decathlon. Second pair I ordered on-line as it used the same sole.

Top Bottom