advice on shimano cycling shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Go up one, and risk sending back. Don't go up 2. I'm a 43 (UK9) in normal shoes, but 43/44 in cycling shoes depending on fit. Shimano is 44 for me - tried on in Decathlon. Second pair I ordered on-line as it used the same sole.

Same here

Jody

Stubborn git
I'm size 7 in normal shoes but for some reason had to buy a 9 in Shimano. Absolutely no way do I have a size 9 foot.

@vickster has the right idea to go and try some on. Evans will price match if they have what you are looking for.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
44 in Sidi
45 in Shimano for length, but this results in higher volume than I'd like - ratchets all the way down if wearing thin socks

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
45 in Shimano for length, but this results in higher volume than I'd like - ratchets all the way down if wearing thin socks
I have to choose the shoe for width/volume and end up with spare length. That's okay though... I make sure each heel is well back in its shoe and do the velcro straps up tight enough to stop the foot moving forwards, but not tight enough to cause problems. That leaves wiggle room for the toes at the front.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I have to choose the shoe for width/volume and end up with spare length. That's okay though... I make sure each heel is well back in its shoe and do the velcro straps up tight enough to stop the foot moving forwards, but not tight enough to cause problems. That leaves wiggle room for the toes at the front.
Could you put a small piece of foam rubber in the toe end to take up the space? Might keep your toes a bit warmer.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Could you put a small piece of foam rubber in the toe end to take up the space? Might keep your toes a bit warmer.
That might be worth doing in the winter - my feet did get very cold on my last 50 km ride, but I didn't have my overshoes on that day and I would probably have been okay if I had. The shoes are a bit too warm on hot days. In spring and autumn they feel just right.

DSK

I bought Shimano RP2 from Tredz or ChainReaction.

I am a size in shoes/trainers etc and pretty 99% of all size 10 footwear is spot on for me with the exception of narrow pointed stuff which can start to clench my toes after a while.

I went for size 46 and for me, I'd like to have have got a 45 as the 46 just seem a tad too big but, at the same time I can secure my foot well enough with the good strap system.

Top Bottom