Advice on Winter Clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mountain Warehouse? Good stuff there, sensible prices; http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/cycling/tops-jerseys/

Hmm, so good I said it twice?

alicat

Legendary Member
Don't over-think it. So long as you have padded shorts you can wear non-cycling specific clothes on the rest of you. My base layers are just base layers for general sporting activity and my bottoms are padded shorts with a non-padded thermal layer on top.

It's good if your gear is breathable but the important thing is to be warm and dry not clad in cycling kit.

vickster

Legendary Member
Fat lad at the back probably your best choice then :smile:

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Fat Lad at the Back Champion Super Roubaix® Padded Cycling Bib Tights £79.99
Fat Lad at the Back Parky Reflective Windtex® Winter Jacket £139.99
Fat Lad at the Back Spare Tyre Plus Size Fluorescent Windproof Cycling Gilet £74.99

Total £294.97

Its a lot of money considering I only have time for 2 bike rides at the weekend due to other commitments. I think I may have to suspend cycling until spring when its warmer and have lost weight.

vickster

Legendary Member
That is a lot, I'd not bother with the gilet for winter, more a spring item

Or just see what cheap stuff sport direct have, won't be as good but will do while you are on the diet

Check no one is flogging any used FLAB jackets on eBay say?

Or just wear ordinary joggers over your shorts and a merino base layer under a hoodie and jacket

Don't give up just yet,as waiting another few months will become another few months etc.
It's easy to do that,and the good intentions go out the window.
Go with what @vickster says and get on ebay,you can't be the only one who is large in stature.
The sooner you get started,the words large in stature will be a thing of the past.
Sorry if it sounds as if I'm giving you a row :tongue:^_^

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe just get a standard yellow gilet, I'm sure they come up big :smile:
Although at night you need reflective a not bright colours :smile:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Try not to over think it.

The only cycling specific clothing you really need is padded shorts, which are available cheaply in your size, although you may have to push the Lycra-stretch envelope a bit.

Top Bottom