Advice on Winter Clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Just caught this thread, dont know your current situation or if you're sorted but Dawn 2 Dusk do good quality reasonably priced gear in larger sizes:
https://www.d2dcyclingclothing.co.uk
It also seems to come up on the large size, I'm normally a large but their website said I should get XL so I bought a pair of XL bibshorts .. well I could have got away with a large, possibly even a medium (the material is very stretchy).

Hope it's all going well, seems like your'e doing the right thing, eat sensibly and exercise. As Rick Hunter (who?) used to say ... "It works for me!"

iluvmybike

Über Member
Have a look at the Stolen Goat stuff - not cheapest but very good - their Climb & Conquer range was used by my hubby on his commute last winter and he was out in some awful weather and says it is brilliant. I have the Orkaan jerseys & arm warmers and find them good too

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
The Rogelli bib tights just fit. Went for a 2.5 hour bike ride at 6am before dawn.

Screenshot-2018-11-03-10.png

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Really enjoyed my last ride. I road from Widnes to Southport setting off at 6.30am on Saturday morning. Cycled through some picturesque countryside and a beautiful sunrise but it was absolutely freezing cold. My feet got especially cold. I've been looking at getting overshoes but these seem to be for use with SPD cleats. I just wear normal trainers when cycling. Going to invest in some merino wool socks and trying to look for some warm ankle gaiters. Unable to find anything that looks warm.

Mike_P

Guru
Anyone know of a set of shoe covers big enough for MTB shoes that can be fitted quickly - bike commute is only around 10-12 mins so not much point spending a good few minutes fighting with a set

13 rider

Guru
Anyone know of a set of shoe covers big enough for MTB shoes that can be fitted quickly - bike commute is only around 10-12 mins so not much point spending a good few minutes fighting with a set
I have a set of Altura overshoes which have velcro rather than a zip much easier to fit . I think any velcro ones will be easier to fit than zips

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog

Try Walkers Foil Inserts. Posh crisp packets in other words. Place over socks then put your shoe on. Eat crisps first. Prawn Cocktail not great. Cheese and Onion better.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia

Again, BBB BWS 04 fit over MTB shoes fine, they are very flexible & I find them easy to put on.

Top Bottom