Advice pleas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lotus74

Which do you all think is the better of they 2 bikes pleas . Scott speedster or trek 1.2 . It will be my first bike my local shop has both bikes but really not sure thanks 4 takin time to read my post .

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi Lotus the obvious and quick answer is to get out and try both bikes to see which feels right.

OP
OP
Lotus74

Lotus74

I have test ride a revolution cross 09 and liked it but feel ill never use it on the muddy stuff . The trek and Scott look much the same just thought they maybe ppl on here who have these bikes that could tell me how they have been reliable or not . Sorry about my spelling i suffer from dislex .

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I'll check the spec of both bikes later but my advice to go try them out still stands - as that's the most important thing - how the bike feels when you're riding it. Could be very different to the revolution cross that your tried.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
ok main difference between the bikes from my quick glance at online searches is the Trek is a drop bar road bike and the speedster looks like it's a road set up with flat bars. Both aluminium framed.

My preference is towards the Trek as it's components are slightly better in the Shimano range. You'll most likely get more responsiveness on the drops and I find drop bars easier to steer - the speedster will give you a more upright and perhaps re-assuring ride.

So very different to ride and again suggest you go and try them out - hopefully the LBS will have them both in your size -happy riding!

jay clock

Massive member
I have a Trek 1.2 (2008 model) and it is excellent - I use it in the winter as it takes mudguards and a rack. The Speedster looks like a flat barred bike which is a different proposition. I had a 2006 Speedster but it was a very pricey S10 model and had drop bars.

Either are good bikes, but decide on the flat vs drop bars first

jay clock

Massive member
EBC have a great reputation. That bike would be a good purchase too. However it has cantiliver brakes designed for off road use (cyclo cross racing) and these do not work as well as caliper brakes you will get on the Trek (having said that my Trek brakes were not great so I changed them!)

Top Bottom