advice regarding a ribble racer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
thanks again vickster. the idea or orange tyres sounds very appealing. i think i will get a Felt 95 theyre very appealing and especially so factoring in the cost. and me being new to road racers.

are you suggesting black bike with orange tape and tyres? that would be pretty sweet wouldnt it.

how hard is bar tape to get right?

I wouldn't do it but there are lots of guides on YouTube if you are more technically minded than a pencil unlike me!

Black and orange would look sweet :smile: Can change the cables too ;)

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-road-brake-cable-set-with-ptfe-inner-cable/

vickster

Legendary Member
For merlin, don't forget to use quidco if a member or join if not (let me know if you need a referral ;) )

OP
OP

2clepto

nice one thanks vickster. ive actually never heard of quidco. just looked at their site. cant find the cashback rate on a £370 bike, any ideas before i sign up?

OP
OP

2clepto

you would change the gear and brake cables straight off if you purchased the Felt?

vickster

Legendary Member
you would change the gear and brake cables straight off if you purchased the Felt?
Only if I wanted to change the colour. No reason otherwise

Have you determined what size bike you want as I don't think they have all in stock

OP
OP

2clepto

tes im nearly sure id prefer a 58cm large frame, im 6 ft just. what do you think.

just change the wheels and tyres first once i receive the Felt? or soon after?

vickster

Legendary Member
Are you changing the wheels too? I'd ride it first

Not sure how felt sizing is, perhaps call merlin for advice?

OP
OP

2clepto

good idea thanks they may size different to others. thanks.

cant find where to pm on here but i might not join quidco if i only save a tenner. thanks though very kind advice.

OP
OP

2clepto

Are you changing the wheels too? I'd ride it first

Not sure how felt sizing is, perhaps call merlin for advice?
i wasnt going to change the wheels, just someone earlier suggested it was a good first upgrade, or better from the off, i couldnt remember.

OP
OP

2clepto

many thanks to everyone for the advice this evening.

if i buy the Felt i save 200 on the allez, if i buy the felt over the viking, i get better components for 150 extra, if i avoid the second hand ribble, i get a guarantee.

plus im not as lost as i was earlier. cheers.

Top Bottom