Advice required PLEASE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lamigol

Firstly, can I apologise for this post, i've read loads of forums etc... but havent found the info I need. I am about to order my first serious bike ( only had bog standard cheapo Raleigh's before ) but now want to step up a notch and do some semi serious riding.
I have narrowed my choice of bike down to Ridley EOS TOUR and Scott Speedster S50. Ive had a go on the Scott which I thought was very nice ( I know my opinion means nothing as its a huge step up from the bikes ive ridden ) but the spec of the Ridley seems better.
My question is, will the spec of these bikes differ sufficiently for a novice like me to notice? If not, I could spend £200 less and get a Trek 1.2 ?
Any advice would be welcome, thanks.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi

Is the Ridley a Compact Double and the other 2 Triples (or have triple versions)? I guess if this is the case it would be a big factor. The Trek is SORA equipped, as is the Scott. Ridley is Tiagra and has better rims than the Scott (from what I can tell by Googling).

For me it would be the Trek for budget or the Ridley for quality - providig you're OK with a CT Double...

Others with more knowledge will be along shortly to shoot my advice down in flames no doubt :blush: Which ever you get I wish you happy cycling!

Thanks,
SD

p.s. YOUR opinion is not meaningless. Infact it's the only one that really matters! :biggrin:

Top Bottom