Ah bother!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I had an off today :sad: cycling to meet @jefmcg in Wimbledon before going to the spin show in London

A v cold morning, stuck to main roads for the 4 miles. Coming round the one way system, to turn left and there are three long pieces of plastic in road, some sort of trim. Lights green, in left lane, without thinking cycle across one bit ok, the next two, lose wheels and down, landing on the flipping frame again. Get up and out of road, nice chap checks I'm ok and moves the stuff in road onto the pavement

Chain off, bent left shifter, hobble to pret meeting point, quote shaken and wait for jefmcg to arrive

After coffee and pain au raisin and after looking at rapidly swollen knee and recalling memories of February haematoma decide to go to a&e. Equidistant between st George's and St helier, no fond memories of either but get taxi to latter as closer to home

Fairly efficient review of knee, decided to have x Ray for peace of mind which is clear as expected, aftercare advice good.

Both knees bruised, left is the worst one. Need to keep an eye, hopefully will heal ok this time!

Cycling and my legs aren't the best of friends right now!!!!

:sad:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 87

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Ouch. Take it easy.

Mrs M

Guru
I had an off today :sad: cycling to meet @jefmcg in Wimbledon before going to the spin show in London

A v cold morning, stuck to main roads for the 4 miles. Coming round the one way system, to turn left and there are three long pieces of plastic in road, some sort of trim. Lights green, in left lane, without thinking cycle across one bit ok, the next two, lose wheels and down, landing on the flipping frame again. Get up and out of road, nice chap checks I'm ok and moves the stuff in road onto the pavement

Chain off, bent left shifter, hobble to pret meeting point, quote shaken and wait for jefmcg to arrive

After coffee and pain au raisin and after looking at rapidly swollen knee and recalling memories of February haematoma decide to go to a&e. Equidistant between st George's and St helier, no fond memories of either but get taxi to latter as closer to home

Fairly efficient review of knee, decided to have x Ray for peace of mind which is clear as expected, aftercare advice good.

Both knees bruised, left is the worst one. Need to keep an eye, hopefully will heal ok this time!

Cycling and my legs aren't the best of friends right now!!!!

:sad:

Ouch, looks painful, put your feet up, hope you're feeling better soon.

As regularly readers of this forum will know, I don't like the way @vickster gets all the attention, so on my way home from her place I found some black ice.

Hit the road at so many points that the blows are spread around. Noted pain points are elbow, both knees, ankle, chest and stomach (hit the handlebar, I guess). Helmet was the final point of contact, so it saved my life****. Nothing for A&E though, and the bike seems to be fine.

now my right pinkie is hurting :sad:. Bath time!

****no, it didn't.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
With luck, you should be ok in a couple of days :smile:
I hope quickly, I'm off to Amsterdam for dinner with clients on Monday!

Top Bottom