Ah bother!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[pssssst. jefmcg's a laydee.]
This confusion could have been avoided if Vicks hadn't stopped my posting an image of my most serious injury: rib cage :shy:

I've got skin off on my elbow and wrist, the other wrist has an ache, I've a nasty bruise coming up on my calf, my ribs are bruised and I expect drawing a deep breath tomorrow will be painful
Caught up with Vicks today. She's definitely won the bruised legs stakes, but I think recovering well. Full of antibiotics, but no one seems to be worried she'll get another infection.

I've had a chest x-ray, and nothing spectacularly wrong was found, but still waiting for the full report. I don't think anything is broken, but it's still hurting. Took the road bike out today for the first time and I could really feel it after a few miles. Strange, because no bruise showed on the skin. I'll call doc tomorrow to confirm nothing showed up in the detailed report; I imagine even if it did, there'd probably not be much to be done except wait for it to heal.

But it all made me a bit nervous on the road, definitely didn't hit full speed. And was very grateful to drivers who gave me space -and there were a few! - lots of thumbs up for them. The idea of landing on any part that hit the ground last week filled me with horror.

Top Bottom