Albums from 1985 that still sound good today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Four from the list, and I still have them on vinyl, and still play them :smile:
A younger friend of ours nearly wet himself with excitement when he discovered our records. We have a lot and he is very into it all and very very jealous that we have the originals :laugh:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I had 3 or 4 from that list, none that I'd listen to now. This is an 85er I still listen to, in fact I played it 3 or 4 times this week - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Southern Accents.

61dc7d68c602fcc16c13e665ae0ad8d1118d9a61.jpg

For me, Psychocandy is better on vinyl, I got it again on CD and it sounds a bit sanitised. The dirt, the growl and the feedback were the whole point of it.
In the mid-late 80's, there was a nightclub in Wakefield, that was split into 2
('Raffles', on Cheapside)

Ground floor was the usual 'run of the mill' place
Upstairs was the Goth/Punk/Rockabilly/Psychobilly rooms
Jesus & Mary Chain must've been one of the favourites of the DJ, as they tended to be played at almost painful volumes

I bet you can easily guess which area gave the Bouncers less trouble, as it had the same customers almost every week

There was also a pub, just a few hundred yards off the (In) famous WestGate Run, that was also home to the same eclectic mix (Friar Tucks)

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Propaganda - A Secret Wish
The Cult- Love
The Smiths - Meat Is Murder
A-ha - Hunting High And Low :blush:
Killing Joke - Night Time
The Sisters Of Mercy - First And Last And Always

These are the ones I have now on MP3 and CD. I think I had a few others back in the day, but I have no desire to own them again.

Top Bottom