Albums from 1985 that still sound good today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I just went from Cameo to Run DMC and then off to Digital Undergound via to Young MC and Sir Mix-A-Lot... middle-aged white guy hip-hop party in my kitchen tonight... :dance:

Enjoyed a lot of the other stuff too... I have almost all of these, with the exception of the (not their best) ABC and Dexys.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Am I allowed to bend the rules by a year? Dreamtime, The Stranglers, 1986.
[media]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wDdZwRAOug
[/media]

No.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Were these on the list? I can't tell, because that web page just doesn't load properly on my web browser, for some reason. If they're not in the list, they're definitely candidates (in my opinion, anyway).

41FRDVE5HHL.jpg

220px-PictureBookSimplyRedalbumcover.png

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Hey, how come there's no mention of Shaky on that list, surely the best selling male artiste of the 80s should get a mench. Here's a credible version of The Blasters 'So Long Baby Goodbye' from his 1985 LP Lipstick, Powder and Paint.

I didn't have this record but I'm sure everyone else did.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You're the nobber pal, the title quite clearly says 1985, if you stray away from that you might as well have any year and then it's just another favourite album ever thread. I've got some choice '86 drivel but that's not what's been asked for and I'm not one to go Off Topic.
Hah!

Weep into your glass of vegetable smoothie! I was there when it happened. (OK, twenty years later, but that's a mere detail)

[media]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcDWXto7gBw
{/media]
The crowd surfer nearly broke my neck. But you don't care, do you, nobber...?

Last edited:

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
I scrolled through the list and had the first four.
Hmmm..I thought, I'm obviously a man of NME taste... then I didn't recognise any more. Probably ran out of pocket money.:rolleyes:

Reactions: TVC
OP
OP
T

TVC

Were these on the list? I can't tell, because that web page just doesn't load properly on my web browser, for some reason. If they're not in the list, they're definitely candidates (in my opinion, anyway).

41FRDVE5HHL.jpg

220px-PictureBookSimplyRedalbumcover.png
Dire Straits are there, Simply Red aren't. I agree perhaps they should be, they are another band like Spandau Ballet who produced a stonking first album then lost credability when they headed straight for the middle of the road and commercial success.

Top Bottom