Alcohol Limit (not drivers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark barker

I have no problem with people enjoying themselves, but I'll never understand the need to get drunk... If your life is that bad that the only way to have fun s to get drunk, then surely thats a good indication that you need to look at changing your lifestyle so you don't need to "escape"!

As for a limit, if the current laws were implemented then there would be no need for a limit.... Its illegal for a pub to serve alcohol to someone they believe is drunk.

e-rider

crappy member
A limit of 10 pints would be a good idea - I usually regret everything I do after that anyway!

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
The idea is barking but in the interest of science 200 seems rather high. Admittedly my research has not gone beyond Wikpedia but over 200 is approaching stupor.

Drunk & unconscious = problem gone?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
threebikesmcginty said:
By never sobering up? :tongue:

You have to admit it's a faultless plan...

MartinC

Über Member
JamesMorgan said:
There has been quite a lot of press recently about the problems of binge drinking in our society. Potential solutions seem to be based around either education or increasing the price of alcohol. I have teenage children and suspect that neither of these approaches will have much effect.

I was wondering whether an alternative approach would be to have an alcohol limit for any person in a public place. Such a limit would need to be higher than the current drink-drive limit (of 80mg). I'm not sure what the right level would be - possibly 200mg.

I know there are current laws around being drunk and disorderley but these are a little subjective, and once you are drunk you typically believe your behaviour is fine. Having a fixed limit would make it clear to everyone what is acceptable.

As well as the health benefits and removing drunked yobs from the streets it could also cut down on the number of car accidents involving alcohol (interesting feedback from my kids is that out of their friends hurt in car accidents the majority involved drunken pedestrians rather than drunken drivers).

What do others think, and if in favour where would you set the limit?

I think it's perfectly fine for you to do whatever you like on your own planet.

montage

God Almighty
Delftse Post said:
Priceless! You couldn't make it up etc., etc....

The idea that the OP's suggestion, although a nice idea, is unenforcable?
Mabye I should have said extremely impractical....breathalizing every customer etc for a start

U

User169

montage said:
The idea that the OP's suggestion, although a nice idea, is unenforcable?
Mabye I should have said extremely impractical....breathalizing every customer etc for a start

Well of course it's unenforceable. Much in the same way that prohibitions on consumption of substances currently considered illegal in the UK are unenforceable (aside from being an affront to civil liberties).

Top Bottom