Aldi Cycle Stuff - Sunday 3rd May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

puffinbilly

Veteran
No - this the devil's work - designed to make you buy things you don't need and it's so cheap it would be rude not to.
Even worse - those evil people at Aldi have made it a Sunday - so no quick in and out at 8 in the morning but rather a ten o'clock bun fight.

Still have a softshell jacket bought three years back for £14, that is probably the best bit of kit I've ever bought pound for pound, that is still in excellent condition despite being used virtually day in day out over two winters. However, the zip on the big pocket is a little stiff now, so just in case I think I may need a replacement.
CO2 inflator for £5!!

OP
OP
Slioch

Slioch

Guru
I already have 4x Aldi jackets in the wardrobe. They are all great and all get worn. There is no way I can justify buying a fifth - absolutely no way. I mean, it would just be stupid. Unnecessary even. Oooh - look at the pretty colours!

I.....must.....resist...........

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Co2 for a fiver is tempting me. I have a really nice cnc machined one already but at that price I could have one for each bike! :whistle:

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
More socks me thinks as these ones are starting to feel crispy ;)

davefb

Guru
Any thoughts on the shoes ? Need new ones coz the mtb ones I have for the hybrid are woeful for the new road bike ! ( and can't afford any I like the look of :sad: )

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I had a pair of Aldi shoes 2 years back which cracked at the ball of the foot before 12 months had elapsed, what with daily commuting. They gave me a refund as I'd kept the receipt. I think they might be OK for light use but I'd avoid them otherwise, unless they've improved the sole.

Simontm

Veteran
Anyone got their bike computer? With the Ride London thing, I was thinking of getting one so I can start training myself to be a bit more consistent with my speed (on Strava I seem to be up and down rather than a smooth constancy)?

I had a pair of Aldi shoes 2 years back which cracked at the ball of the foot before 12 months had elapsed, what with daily commuting. They gave me a refund as I'd kept the receipt. I think they might be OK for light use but I'd avoid them otherwise, unless they've improved the sole.
How much did you pay for them? I've got £10 pair that I only use when the other pair is soaking, but if you paid £10, a year of daily use seems a pretty good deal. If I bought £100 pair of shoes and wore them on every commute, I'd be ecstatic if they lasted 10 years.

Top Bottom