Aldi Cycle Stuff - Sunday 3rd May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Unless they've changed the fitting I think the front light is rubbish to fit. The rear is nice though - lots of nice flash modes.

I agree - the old front light fits on with rubber bands !

But these new ones look like a Smart Polaris clone, hopefully with a proper bracket.

Custom24

Über Member
I have two wireless and a wired Aldi computers. They are all excellent for the price. The only downside I have found is that my Cree lights affect the wireless ones so on my main ride I use a wired computer which resolves that problem. It's not a tremendous problem as I don't often ride at night but just worth being aware of. I haven't had the problems some people get with wireless computers of radio frequencies from taxis and traffic lights etc affecting them.
My Cree light affects my Boardman cycle computer too. My solution is to keep the Cree wire away from the computer and then it works.

Hyslop

Veteran
I rushed in and out of one of our local Aldi stores the other day and in one of the aisles was a large assortment of various cycling items,socks,undies,lights etc.I assume they date from the last offer,so what,if anything that says about the quality,I dont know.Certainly,I have two of their base layers and for the price they are perfectly OK,so I may just pick up one of the windproof ones and a spare Co 2 inflator.Cant harm at that price.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Aldi used to get enough stuff and people missed out now they get alot so they have left overs, also alot of people have a good stock now so they don tend to sell it all in one day like before.

adamhearn

Veteran
As with all things, once you saturate the market you are unlikely to appeal to the same customers.That together with some items going up in price whilst competitors coming down makes the offering less attractive.

I have two wireless and a wired Aldi computers. They are all excellent for the price. The only downside I have found is that my Cree lights affect the wireless ones so on my main ride I use a wired computer which resolves that problem. It's not a tremendous problem as I don't often ride at night but just worth being aware of. I haven't had the problems some people get with wireless computers of radio frequencies from taxis and traffic lights etc affecting them.

My lights affect my computer as well and I paid £27 for it. So you have an absolute bargain.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
anyone know if they put the stuff out the night before before closing?

sanddancer

Still have a softshell jacket bought three years back for £14, that is probably the best bit of kit I've ever bought pound for pound, that is still in excellent condition despite being used virtually day in day out over two winters. However, the zip on the big pocket is a little stiff now, so just in case I think I may need a replacement.
CO2 inflator for £5!!

try rubbing some candle wax on the zipper ;)

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Aldi near me was like first day of the January sales, absolute chaos.
They didn't have any of the 'ordinary' shorts (with the liners) at all which was one if the things I specifically wanted, but they had tons of everything else. Got a couple of inflators and a pack of spare cartridges, a couple of tops and some cycling shorts.
I didn't buy any of the lights as I've got plenty already (apparently) - anyone advise if they are worth a look?
Also further up the aisle they had a lot of cycling stuff left from the previous offer much of it reduced by 50% so we picked up some bargains there.
The bike work stands from that offer were reduced to £15.99... :cursing:

potsy

Rambler
Aldi near me was like first day of the January sales, absolute chaos.
They didn't have any of the 'ordinary' shorts (with the liners) at all which was one if the things I specifically wanted, but they had tons of everything else. Got a couple of inflators and a pack of spare cartridges, a couple of tops and some cycling shorts.
I didn't buy any of the lights as I've got plenty already (apparently) - anyone advise if they are worth a look?
Also further up the aisle they had a lot of cycling stuff left from the previous offer much of it reduced by 50% so we picked up some bargains there.
The bike work stands from that offer were reduced to £15.99... :cursing:
Noticed that on mine too, still got a lot of stuff from last time including the stands.

I just got a jacket and some more of their very good socks, oh and a shirt, and some mitts...

The only dilemma was blue or red jacket, a lot of my gear is blue but my new bike is red :unsure:

Top Bottom