Aldi Cycle Stuff - Sunday 3rd May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Slioch

Slioch

Guru
There was some genteel carnage going on at Aldi on Monks Cross in York at 10am this morning. Cars were even queuing up to get into the car park, which I've never seen there before. People were using their trollies to create a barrier so they could rummage undisturbed. I got tutted at a couple of times when I unceremoniously moved them and piled in - I smiled sweetly back at them!

I picked up a CO2 inflator plus a bag of spare cartridges.

Jerseys, jackets and gloves seemed to be the most popular items.

david k

Hi
I went and it was calm in St. Helens, picked up the co2 inflator but put back, doesn't it need a pressure gauge?

Cubist

Still wavin'
I went and it was calm in St. Helens, picked up the co2 inflator but put back, doesn't it need a pressure gauge?
CO2 is a get you home option until you can get to a gauge if nothing else, but in general terms a 16g cartridge will top a 25mm tyre to about 90-100 psi

Katherine

Guru
It wasn't that busy in Walkden. There were lots of accessories but they didn't have many clothes. I got the only ladies cycling shirt in my size and that was at ten past ten. I also got gloves and underwear. Very glad I went when I did.

I bought a C02 inflator and some cartridges but not any kit. Kit all looks good but I just didn't like the colour scheme.

Simontm

Veteran
Quite quiet at th New Malden branch. Picked up inflator, computer, mini pump and casual shorts with the innner pad.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
bustling would be the right word here in macc. a couple of clubmates were in with panniers to fill, but i just went for the co2 inflator, cartridges, gloves and bike computer, which had to be returned and replaced; i suspect it was older stock…

Just a quick question for C02 users, as I've not had one before. Do you leave the cartridge unscrewed and only screw it in for use or is it OK to screw and leave sealed on the adaptor valve or will it leak away?

man in black

Can't stand the place, went once the smell put me off for life, we turned round and walked back out again,Wouldn't go back even for free stuff!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A soft shell jacket for me - and a loaf of bread, but that's not important right now.

Jacket looks OK, although I've never had that type of garment before.

Presumably it's a wind cheater rather than a waterproof.

Going back to the bread, it's my favourite Warburton's sliced white and was a bargain at 67p.

The same loaf is at least £1 in the other supermarkets, even when it's on special offer.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
My local aldi had bike stands in there, which I wasn't expecting. Picked up a couple of pairs of gloves too, perfect commuting fodder and a soft shell cum gilet. And couple of bottles of their fine Gigondas.

OP
OP
Slioch

Slioch

Guru
Anyone got the shoes?
It might be nice to see how thick the sole plates are on the " all new " ones compared to the old style.

I had a look at the shoes and the sole looked fairly robust compared to previous Aldi offerings, but they were a bit "plasticy" if you know what I mean, and I thought they could be brittle so wasn't tempted.

Top Bottom