Aldi Cycle Stuff - Sunday 3rd May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sanddancer

Was late getting to my local one about 5 miles away. Got there about 12pm and it was packed. Mostly normal shoppers though and lots of stuff left.
managed to get a blue softshell jacket and was tempted to try the bibshorts but not desperate for them .
they may reappear on the shelves later at half price like the arm and legwarmers did last year :biggrin:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I got a new saddlebag thing. My Planet X one is too small. By the time I have an innertube, co2 stuff, tool kit, there is no room for jelly babies and that is just plain wrong. I had an Aldi saddlebag before and it was brilliant. It went to @StickBouncer when he bought the Giant.

I tried on the jacket (Medium) and it was titchy, so tried the Large, which was snug. The label says Ladies size 18. Either they come up very very small or my entire stock of clothes, that I own, is all incorrectly labelled. I am not having an Extra Large for anyone.

sanddancer

I got a new saddlebag thing. My Planet X one is too small. By the time I have an innertube, co2 stuff, tool kit, there is no room for jelly babies and that is just plain wrong. I had an Aldi saddlebag before and it was brilliant. It went to @StickBouncer when he bought the Giant.

I tried on the jacket (Medium) and it was titchy, so tried the Large, which was snug. The label says Ladies size 18. Either they come up very very small or my entire stock of clothes, that I own, is all incorrectly labelled. I am not having an Extra Large for anyone.

just tried mine on without a shirt on.
size large mens. Fits ok apart from a bit tight/pinchy under the armpits and sleeves a bit baggy but overall ok.
I dont like the way the zipped arms stick up where the zips end on the shoulders.
looks like they might cause drag at 12mph :biggrin:

Tin Pot

Guru
Didn't get our act together today early enough and glad because I didn't really need anything from them.

I was just curious really.

I have a motorbike helmet from them so I must think they have some quality...

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Picked up a soft shell jacket in medium. Snug but that's the way I like it.:smile:

Local Aldi wasn't too busy at 10.10 when I arrived, but a couple going through the cycling stuff, who were there before me, should quite frankly have been ashamed of themselves. Whilst I understand them wanting to buy the correct size, from their "attack" on the different stock and the scattering which ensued, you would have thought they had been starved of any consumer goods for months, if not years. :banghead:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Pleased to see the men's bibshorts came in 'small' (at last) - so I bought a pair - and they really were very small! The leg grippers were like tourniquets! Knowing what their sizing is like I also bought a pair of medium, which are the ones I'll keep, though I really need a size in between. Bought a CO2 chuck too which looks good. Loads of people, quite a scrum. Should really have been out on the bike though.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Large bibshorts, one of the £7.99 shirts for me, a set of lights for my son, and some non-bib shorts for my other son. The lights are Smart polaris clones, proper decent mount on the front light now. The rear has two small and one big very bright LED.

The bibshorts fit me OK but not ridden with them yet.

pclay

Veteran
I got a saddle bag/ tool bag today, I am impressed by the quality.. For a fiver you can't go wrong. The multi tool with Allen keys is good quality. I may have to go back for another.

sanddancer

Not asking an arm and a leg then.

£4 a set from 8 . I had bought them at full price earlier on and they seemed a nice bit of kit but the separate elastic stitching came apart on the arm warmers when I put them on for a ride lol.
so I returned them.
I read that others had no issues so when they came back at £4 a pop in another store I couldn't resist :biggrin:

interested to know what people think of the bib shorts ?
I might go back for a set of lights at £5 after reading this too.

runner

Guru
What a scramble I had at Aldi today in my attempt to get a "small" jacket. At the store in Longwell Green Bristol all the jackets are folded and put on top of eachother, so in order for me to find a small I must pull all the jackets out and check the size..why do they not hang them on a rail and then we would not have the ensuing mess!! Anyway there was one small red jacket at 10.15 am and I purchased as I know it is the perfect size for me....so a success of sorts but I left a great mess behind when I left the store ^_^

runner

Guru
I got a saddle bag/ tool bag today, I am impressed by the quality.. For a fiver you can't go wrong. The multi tool with Allen keys is good quality. I may have to go back for another.
I thought it looked a bit big to store under my saddle....but I might go back tomorrow and buy one as prob worth for the multi tool alone..........

ScotiaLass

Guru
What a scramble I had at Aldi today in my attempt to get a "small" jacket. At the store in Longwell Green Bristol all the jackets are folded and put on top of eachother, so in order for me to find a small I must pull all the jackets out and check the size..why do they not hang them on a rail and then we would not have the ensuing mess!! Anyway there was one small red jacket at 10.15 am and I purchased as I know it is the perfect size for me....so a success of sorts but I left a great mess behind when I left the store ^_^
Same in my local store. jackets all folded up still on the hangers.Why?!

Top Bottom