Aldi Cycle Stuff - Sunday 3rd May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
How much did you pay for them? I've got £10 pair that I only use when the other pair is soaking, but if you paid £10, a year of daily use seems a pretty good deal. If I bought £100 pair of shoes and wore them on every commute, I'd be ecstatic if they lasted 10 years.

£20

You can get DHB shoes for £35, I believe, which ought to last longer. My old DHB shoes have certainly lasted years.

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
Are these events at all stores does anyone know? My nearest is a bit of a hike and I don't want a wasted journey!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
the toolbag is worth it for the multitool alone…

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Unless they've changed the fitting I think the front light is rubbish to fit. The rear is nice though - lots of nice flash modes.

The front light was an LED torch with a rubber strap to attach it to the bike bars and the light isn't visible from the side . Handy as a supplementary light to your main light, when in flashing mode, or as an emergency back up, but I wouldn't use it as a sole light for daily use. I don't cycle on billiard table smooth roads and the rubber strap doesn't hold the light firmly enough for me.
Agree about the rear light. Use mine as a supplementary on my commute back pack in a different light sequence to the light on my bike.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The Lidl site does, but the Aldi one doesn't, as far as I can tell
It looks like I was wrong. (I have been known to go into Aldi thinking I'm in LiDL and wondering why they had Aldi branded baskets though.) In fact I can't find any reference to store to store variations anywhere on their site or their online leaflet.

compo

Veteran
Anyone got their bike computer? With the Ride London thing, I was thinking of getting one so I can start training myself to be a bit more consistent with my speed (on Strava I seem to be up and down rather than a smooth constancy)?

I have two wireless and a wired Aldi computers. They are all excellent for the price. The only downside I have found is that my Cree lights affect the wireless ones so on my main ride I use a wired computer which resolves that problem. It's not a tremendous problem as I don't often ride at night but just worth being aware of. I haven't had the problems some people get with wireless computers of radio frequencies from taxis and traffic lights etc affecting them.

Top Bottom