Aldi Cycling Event... 2nd May 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nathjh

I went into Cambridge after I'd woke up (night shift) and it was like a jumble sale!!! Picked up a foot pump and bent it whilst trying to put 100psi in :sad:
End of shifts today so ill pop in when I get home probably.

Hicky

Guru
Bought a load of stuff, half of which has to go back.
The sizing seems to be somewhat different to past buys......no I havent changed size:stop:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Bought a load of stuff, half of which has to go back.
The sizing seems to be somewhat different to past buys......no I havent changed size:stop:
The sizing is all over the place - I bought two of the thin jackets to try on - men's Small and Medium. The Medium was no bigger than the Small, and the sleeves were tighter - yes, I checked all the labels. (And the small was actually too big - I can usually wear small, being on the cusp of 37-38 chest. In fact the best fit for me was women's small - 8-10!)

400bhp

Guru
Shorts are a bit shorter than previous. They should be fine for commuting though which is what I bought them for.

SamC

You need to be delicate and controlled with those pumps, since they don't have a hose connector. It's very easy at higher pressure to put a lot of force onto the valve and split the base of the valve off the tube if you're unlucky. Not so good for the impatient and ham-fisted like me :rolleyes:

Thanks for the warning. Although I don't have a lot of strength, I do have a habit of breaking things, so I'll be careful!

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Mrs pikey went in an stocked up before work, she got plenty of kit from the local aldi.

When I went back after work it had all been hoovered by eBay carpet baggers, one of which was picking over the remnants, filling her trolley with 20+ units of whatever was left...

I think I even heard her dissuade one guy from buying one of the waterproofs she was hoarding, by saying "you don't need them on a bike, the wind will dry the rain off of you before it soaks in..." Wtf?

I wish I had listened to her before I bought sealed hubs and mudguards for the bike, think ill just take them off and let the wind protect me from now on....

What a twelk...

Nearly there

Veteran
Sent the wife in as Id been on nights and she got me a soft shell jacket red jersey 2 pairs of socks,gloves and for some reason a saddle bag:unsure: the xl sizing seems a good fit on my 6 '1 frame

400bhp

Guru
Shorts are a bit shorter than previous. They should be fine for commuting though which is what I bought them for.

actually on reflection they are about the same. They have sorted out the slightly odd fitting pads they have had in the past. They appear much better that the Decathlon similar priced equivalents.

potsy

Rambler
I was out today in my 'team Aldi' gear, jacket with the sleeves zipped off, and the socks, well worth the money :thumbsup:

aces_up1504

I think they've been made in the same factory as my Lidl shoes and they've been fab been used for a lot of miles in all weathers (IIRC they are circa 2009 but had two years of non daily commuting) and only recently did the buckle on the left shoe snap (I've replaced it with a key ring loop).

Thanks

What pedals do they fit?

Top Bottom