Aldi Cycling Event... 2nd May 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I quite like the soft-shell gilet thingy. I have been using one of their winter jackets all winter and it has been great - windproof enough and fine in the showers too. Not too warm so I haven't cooked in it. Using YKK zips has overcome the bad experiences I had of some earlier Aldi stuff.

Shame it's black but overall I think it will come in quite handy for spring & autumn days (or indeed, so-called summer days) when it's chilly in the mornings.

D

Deleted member 23692

Popped in on the way home form work and there was loads of stuff left. not surprising really as it's bordering on the verge of tat. Didn't buy anything, which is a good move on my part as it normally goes to the charity shop after a couple of weeks.

Off to the LBS tomorrow instead :smile:

potsy

Rambler
Got myself a soft shell jacket/gilet thingy, that was the only thing I was really after but ended up buying another couple of pairs of socks and a pair of :becool:
Jacket will do nicely, especially with the zip off sleeves and rear pocket, I like wearing gilets in the spring/summer but have had trouble finding one with pockets, until now :thumbsup:

Lots of stuff left in my local store.

steve broughton

Bought a softshell jacket XL and surprisingly it fits my 6' 3" lumpen frame usually Aldi is on the small size, a shirt , 2 pairs of socks and a pair of the "casual"?? shorts nice to have a pocket in yer shorts sometimes will be able to go into the local pub and not be laughed at in me cycling shorts ^_^ bit knackered round here as the LBS shut about 6 years ago all we have is Halfrauds, did go to the Decathlon at Nottingham last the weekend (130 mile round trip) and thought their stuff was a pile of poo tbh, and they only seemed to have small everything in stock "have you this in an XL?" "no" "what about this?" "no" "how about these in a size 11?" "No" "right have you any sizes larger than munchkin or do you only cater solely to friends of Snow White?" etc. waste of bloody time.

2 x pairs of gloves, bike bag with toolkit and shorts. OH got 2 tops and 2 x gloves and glasses. All in all not a bad shopping trip. Just need the weather now, strong wind and rain forecast for tonight and tomorrow.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I got one of the £15 jerseys in an XL although I'm not sure it's long enough and its quite snug compared to Lidls.

They had plenty of everything left in the Milton Keynes store, except the £15 jerseys which there were only 1 or 2 smaller ones left and I couldn't see any of the black jackets. The multi-tools looked pretty good though.
Excellent, thanks. Sounds like a fiver well spent! ^_^
You need to be delicate and controlled with those pumps, since they don't have a hose connector. It's very easy at higher pressure to put a lot of force onto the valve and split the base of the valve off the tube if you're unlucky. Not so good for the impatient and ham-fisted like me :rolleyes:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
By the time i got their all the hi quality jerseys were gone along with all but a few of the soft shell jackets.
Bought a pair of the shorts and the 1 jersey they had in my size but i found it very long for the right chest size.
Plenty of shoes, mitts, seat covers and tools but i did not need any of those.

potsy

Rambler
Forgot, i also bought some of the casual shorts, the lightly padded liner alone is worth the money, should be ideal for short rides under normal clothing, might go and get another pair tomorrow :thumbsup:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I'm taking everything back, fit of the thin jacket awful and the shoulders inflate like a balloon as soon as you encounter a breeze ^_^. Shorts were a bit tacky, raised seams, crinkly fit - not a patch on Decathlon ones.

Top Bottom