Aldi Cycling Event... 2nd May 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'll pop to the one near work at lunch. Just really need mitts for the commute - my previous years Aldi mitts are now pretty scruffy. Same goes with the socks.

Stan_Bowles

Haven't posted here in a while, got into the Aldi in Feltham just after 8am, few
People already loading up baskets with stuff. Sods law that they left the pallet of stuff right
In front of the gear I wanted to look at :-)

Managed to get a bike bag, mitts and top with the zip off sleeves.

400bhp

Guru
Went to Aldi in Market Street this morning aboyt 8:30. Like bees round honey at the cycling gear. Got 2 pairs of shorts and a top for the commute and bought the other half 2 pair of shorts. £36 all in :thumbsup:

I'm not sure why they have the compression stuff now - it seems to me like it's way too hot to use in anything above 10 deg?

400bhp

Guru
Wasn't impressed with the more expensive short sleeved tops. Because of the stitching they looked cheap. Will be off to Decathlon I think.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Got some sun glasses a multi tool and another rain jacket. I now have them in yellow white and black! :whistle:

The multi tool isn't the lightest but with built in tyre levers, a chain tool, spoke wrench and a chain catcher wire, has some decent stuff on it for the money. It may be made of cheese so I will see how I get on with it. ^_^

SamC

They had everything except the panniers and the computer in my local store.

I picked up the grey softshell jacket (surprised that the women's large version is long enough for 5'9" me, usually Aldi's women's gear is on the shorter side), a pair of padded shorts, a pair of the gloves (I have a pair from last time and they are good value for £4) and a mini-pump. The pump isn't the prettiest thing but it's small and was a fiver and what can you buy for a fiver these days?

I'm quite impressed with the quality of the padding in the shorts for the price. For around the same price as, or a bit cheaper than a pair of Muddy Fox padded shorts, they are much better.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have had one of their pumps for a couple of years and it gets tyres up to a good pressure without too much effort. The high vol, high pressure switch is great for getting the PSI up. :thumbsup:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Two pairs of mitts - one for me and one for my son. Oh and some cashews ! ^_^

Stock in the Didsbury store not great by lunch. One or two tops left, only a few base layers (all womens). Lots of computers, tools, mitts, arm warmers, waterproofs etc and millions of gel saddle covers - for some reason. Panniers looked OK for £15, bit flimsy but otherwise OK.

jamin100

Guru
What's the jacket like? Is it the packable one? Is it Ok or is it just a sweatbox for emergency use only?

yeh i would say its an emergency use only one and probably quite sweaty but until I try it I couldnt be sure.

It'll stay in the bottom of my bag for when the summer showers arrive and Im at work in summer kit and realise its going to pi$$ it down on the way home

Its the packable £9.99 (i think) one.

beatlejuice

Gently does it...
I managed to pop in at 08:50 in a small gap before my bus went. I got held up while paying for my light weight jacket and shorts. At least I could miss it, I was the driver! They had done good business in the 45mins they had been open.

Top Bottom