aldi cycling stuff on sale next week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
Fossyand ( and anyone else who budget the Aldi bikecomputers )If yours wont set for the wheelsize 700cx25 = 1333 and the second digit wont move off "9" then dont bother to take it back and get another one. I've just tried 3 in the shop and none worked .... I changed it for a top .;)

caz

punkypossum said:
1 jacket, 4 pairs of socks and 2 tops. Got the gilet, but the sizing is way out - ends at my bellybutton, so that's going back. Is it me or does all the gear seem quite short and small this year?

I bought 2 pairs of ladies shorts size medium (12-14) and when I tried them on at home they certainly weren't "tight fitting" and the elastic around the legs was quite loose. So I feel the sizing is a bit on the large size - but I'm not going back to exchange for a smaller size as "small" is 8-10 and I don't think I would get into that!!!:eek:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Think I'll take the computers back - have emailed the manufacurers - what a cock up e'h - no use unless you want kms and over 24" in wheel size.

Both my computers are naff - might take them back to my Aldi at home. The one near work was all very civilised - not that many in at 9-9.10 am. Not lots of clothing though - I'd say about 2 or 3 in each size of each design. Loads of gloves, glasses, pumps, saddles, track pumps, locks, bike bags. Clothing was a bit thin on the ground, but I don't really need any more - the gloves - got 3 pairs - they look fine.

fossyant said:
Think I'll take the computers back - have emailed the manufacurers - what a cock up e'h - no use unless you want kms and over 24" in wheel size.

Both my computers are naff - might take them back to my Aldi at home. The one near work was all very civilised - not that many in at 9-9.10 am. Not lots of clothing though - I'd say about 2 or 3 in each size of each design. Loads of gloves, glasses, pumps, saddles, track pumps, locks, bike bags. Clothing was a bit thin on the ground, but I don't really need any more - the gloves - got 3 pairs - they look fine.

That's what I'm after, although from here it's a bit difficult! :eek:

Maz

Guru
Guys, this thing about the computer...so it's no good if you've got 700c (I think that's what mine are called) wheels. Is that correct?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Maz said:
Guys, this thing about the computer...so it's no good if you've got 700c (I think that's what mine are called) wheels. Is that correct?

Maz to help work our what size wheels you have please let us know the following

Does you bike look quite big with funny looking dangly handlebars or is the bike on the small side with a basket on the front with the words
"happy shopper" on the frame ? :eek:

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Maz to help work our what size wheels you have please let us know the following

Does you bike look quite big with funny looking dangly handlebars or is the bike on the small side with a basket on the front with the words
"happy shopper" on the frame ? :biggrin:

And the two small wheels either side of the back wheel don't count! :biggrin:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye said:
i'm looking forward to seeing the bibshorts.

:biggrin: Don't seem to be a good fit. The pad seems in the wrong place, but i'll see what it's like on a ride before passing final judgement. The elasticated legs are a very generous fit. I have big thighs & they are not tight on me, but i would imagine they'll be baggy on some of you slimmer ones :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Maz said:

It's no good at all if you want to use MPH as you can't set the calibration lower than 1900, and all the MPH settings for all wheels are all lower than that.

It's only good if you want KMH and have wheels of 24" or bigger - a right cock up in the software on it.

The thing looks OK, has far too many functions, although you can turn some of them off, but the temp is interesting !

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
as i have always used km/ph i'm delighted with mine, as it fits onto the sigma mounting so no buggering about required. so i've now got a spare mounting kit too. i'll see how i get on with it on the road.

Maz

Guru
@fossyant. Thank you. I think I'll give the computer a miss, but will have a nosey at their other stuff.

Plax

Guru
I went after work. Was a fair bit still left of the accessories, but the clothing was getting thin on the ground. I was lucky that there was still a couple of the female cycling tops, and one in my size. I got the Medium (12-14) and it fits me fine, although I suspect if your a big 14 you might want to go a size up. I also got a male cycling top, took me a while to dig through all the L & XL and finally found a solitary looking Small. In orange, which was the colour I wanted (yeah!). The S fitted me fine too.

Also splashed out on some socks and padded underwear. They fit fine, but the real test will be tomorrow when I cycle to the sorting office (16 mile round trip), then I'll make the final decision. I'd be tempted to go and get a few more pairs of underwear if they are comfy to cycle in.

For some reason I also got a the glasses. I need prescription glasses, so I'll save them for when I've got the contacts in I think. They seem a comfortable fit too. Got the frame bag - seems very good, not seen if I can wedge my pump, repair kit and backup lights into it yet, but looks like they'll go. Oh, also bought a bottle and holder too. Again, lord knows why as I already have a holder and bottle, although the bottle will be really useful for when we go walking, it's a good one.

Top Bottom