aldi cycling stuff on sale next week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Soltydog said:
The elasticated legs are a very generous fit. I have big thighs & they are not tight on me, but i would imagine they'll be baggy on some of you slimmer ones :sad:

Yes I think they could have been a bit tighter on the elasticated leg. Will try them tomorrow and report back.

4F

Plax said:
For some reason I also got a the glasses. I need prescription glasses, so I'll save them for when I've got the contacts in I think. They seem a comfortable fit too.

I got the glasses and I have to say I am very pleased with them.
Nice and comfortable fit :sad:

bonj2

oh for god's sake I really don't know why people persist in this crap.
What's the point in fighting your way past lardy chavs to rummage through a wire basket for substandard, baggy, unwaterproof clothes with invariably the worst zips in the world that are guaranteed to bust, and should you decide to buy anything you have to basically take the choice of what they've got, rather than what you want - presumably dictated by the golden motto 'beggars can't be choosers'? :sad:

Just go to a proper cycling equipment shop, and forget about poundland and the like!

And furthermore, what's the point in posting a thread about it every week/month, when the 'new stock' arrives in the stores? Yes, we know these bargain basement bin eastern european style stores sell stuff that by a very long stretch of the imagination could be masqueraded as 'cycling gear'. Yes, we know that some of you find it amazing that some it only costs eighteen pence. Now end it!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Back on form then - some of it's OK, that's the bit's I buy for commuting as I'd rather knacker a 2.99 pair of pretty good gloves than a Spesh BG pair at £20. Plus I don't normally wear track mits on the road bike at all when the weather is warm, but the likelyhood of getting knocked off commuting is higher.

This stuff is OK for commuting, and helps the beginner get kitted up. It's blooming expensive getting everything - bit of a mix is what you need !

4F

bonj said:
oh for god's sake I really don't know why people persist in this crap.
What's the point in fighting your way past lardy chavs to rummage through a wire basket for substandard, baggy, unwaterproof clothes with invariably the worst zips in the world that are guaranteed to bust, and should you decide to buy anything you have to basically take the choice of what they've got, rather than what you want - presumably dictated by the golden motto 'beggars can't be choosers'? :sad:

Just go to a proper cycling equipment shop, and forget about poundland and the like!

And furthermore, what's the point in posting a thread about it every week/month, when the 'new stock' arrives in the stores? Yes, we know these bargain basement bin eastern european style stores sell stuff that by a very long stretch of the imagination could be masqueraded as 'cycling gear'. Yes, we know that some of you find it amazing that some it only costs eighteen pence. Now end it!

If you are that bothered about it why open the thread ?

col

Legendary Member
:sad:

bonj2

fossyant said:
Back on form then - some of it's OK, that's the bit's I buy for commuting as I'd rather knacker a 2.99 pair of pretty good gloves than a Spesh BG pair at £20. Plus I don't normally wear track mits on the road bike at all when the weather is warm, but the likelyhood of getting knocked off commuting is higher.
well you should. What if you FALL off?
Their gloves aren't going to be comfy, really, or particularly well fitting.

bonj2

fossyant said:
bit of a mix is what you need !

bit of a mixed bag is what you get with aldi - it's impossible to go in there for cycling gear and get exactly what you came in for, no more no less. You either get lots more things that will go in the bottom ofthe wardrobe 'cos they "looked good value" and never used but you will cause you to have spent more than you would have if you'd bought something from a proper cycling shop, or you end up thinking 'what made me think there was a possibility they would have one again?'

bonj2

Because, Bonjwold, today I wandered in to a virtually empty shop and bought 2 pairs of socks. Which are the same as the couple of pairs that I also bought for £2.49 three years ago and which still have as much life in them as any £8 pair that I could have bought.
ah but i bet neither of them are half as good as my ELEVEN QUID bridgedales, which are awesome. :sad:

I also have 2 pairs of winter longs which I have used through 3 winters and have just put away for next year.

Don't bite your nose off.

But you don't WEAR cycling tights 'cos you're the sort of cyclist who only cycles on duck paths and have a bell on your bike and haven't even got clipless pedals...! :wacko::smile::ohmy::blush:

bonj2

Your socks smell.
probably.

You upset me. Why do you say that? You've seen a pic of one of my bikes.
But you do. There's nothing WRONG with that, is there?
Why is calling you a duck-path-riding, non-clipless-pedal-using bell-ringer derogatory?
If you think there IS something wrong with any of those things, then maybe it's time to admit it and change your ways. But if not, then there's no problem is there...

Plax said:
Bonj, I thought you were going to take a break from here?

I did, and now I'm back.

Top Bottom