Aldi, next week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Aldi wigan, i was first in at 8am,loads of everything . i bought rain jacket (needed large ,usually medium ),long pants,lights,reflective bands.I had to take the pants back half an hour later to swap my large for a medium ,no problem ,but within the half hour i was away it looked like the looters had been in . Dont know if they restock though :thumbsup:

TechnoTim2011

I got into Aldis in Sudbury at 8.am yesterday. Bought pannier rack and bike stand, cycling shoes, lights and water bottle. Cycling stand is great works as maintenance stand and is solid as rock made of box steel in single upright mode does not need to be screwed to the wall.. Pannier rack fitted well, heavy steel top but alloy struts. Water bottle is fine and shoes fit. Light is v. bright (not cree bright but good enough for near road illumination) Rear light is now a spare.

I got into Aldis in Sudbury at 8.am yesterday. Bought pannier rack and bike stand, cycling shoes, lights and water bottle. Cycling stand is great works as maintenance stand and is solid as rock made of box steel in single upright mode does not need to be screwed to the wall.. Pannier rack fitted well, heavy steel top but alloy struts. Water bottle is fine and shoes fit. Light is v. bright (not cree bright but good enough for near road illumination) Rear light is now a spare.

if that's the case Im getting one! :thumbsup:

albion

Guru
The rack certainly seems 99% painted aluminium.The only steel bit is for the small main load supporting 3 height section that attaches at the wheel frame mount.It supports 25KG so is no ultra lightweight.

edit - it seems that the springy flap at the top is also steel. I wonder if it can be removed easily.

OP
OP
C

chillyuk

Anybody in the area, Aldi in Hoddesdon has loads of everything. I was in there a couple of hours ago.

Cubist

Still wavin'
My only problem after trying the shoes on(3 velcro straps) were there was no cleats supplied,i assumed they would come with them,still 8.99 incl for shimano ones off ebay are making their way to me soon,just need the pedals now :biggrin:

Whoah, don't order cleats, they come with the pedals.

RedRider

Pulling through
I've always wondered if Lidl and Aldi's specials are specially made for them. I find it hard to believe that a factory has gone to the trouble of designing and tooling up for one or two relatively small batches a year, but you never seem to see their stuff elsewhere. Most budget kit appears all over the place with different brands.

There's more than 8,000 Aldi stores worldwide. Karl and Theo (the brothers who set up the company) were the 1st and 2nd richest men in Germany 'til Theo died last year.

David Hassellhof is now the second richest.

It's run as two seperate companies (Aldi Sud and Aldi Nord) since a disagreement between the brothers in the 1960s over whether cigarettes should be sold behind its counters. I'm guessing Theo was the one for cigs.*

*Everything I've said above is true according to Wikipedia , apart from a little curveball I threw in there. Can you spot what it is?

david k

Hi
anyone get the cycle hanger? i was going to get one as i thought it was self standing but it seems it needs to be drilled to a wall?

i wanted a jacket they looked great but they didnt have xl or xxl, i went st helens at 10.30am!

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Deliberating if to get the winter cycling trousers

I am only cycling around to keep generaly fit and just wear lightweight leisure pants at the mo

would these be a real benefit

I'm worried I may look a bit of a clown riding round our local streets :biggrin:

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Decided to buy the winter pants

Look great on

Wife's was well impressed until I told her they were padded :tongue:

Seigi

Just been and got some winter gloves, socks, pannier (for road bike), mudguards (for MTB, but unsure on them as they have very high clearance), and arm warmers for just over £30...I only went to browse :s

Top Bottom