Aldi, next week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alexvs

I went in at about 5:45 this evening after work and there were other cyclists there with their bikes chained up outside not leaving me with much space on the trolley bays lol I had a look at the winter trousers and jacket but decided to leave with just a pair of socks, compression top and gloves all for £18.97
biggrin.gif

They had a lot of stock in my local store in Milton Keynes but no small in the compression top which I originally wanted but very glad I got the medium as would not have been able to breathe in a small, it's extremely tight round the neck. The arms and body length are quite long but everywhere else is perfectly compressed
tongue.gif
Have to say out of the pack the top stinks but obviously needs a first wash to freshen it up, just hope it doesn't shrink.

peelywally

got my overshoes , fit a treat .

nice headsup :thumbsup:

ps was everyone at aldi for opening time today ? i arrived at 9,20 and the shop was mobbed and half the stuff was gone :ohmy:

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Aldi at Jimmy's End (Northampton) is my grocer, butcher and wine merchant anyway so no chore to pick up a pair of bike shoes. About 150g per shoe heavier than my 1988 Speicialized touring shoes but a completely different product as they're hybridised with an MTB shoe.

fenfirsttimer

Thanks for the tip off - I went late (5.30pm ) to my local store and they seemed to have an awful lot of stock left and not any cyclists but me around to look at it!

I bought the cycling trousers - fit nicely but at the moment they feel like I am wearing a nappy :unsure: - guess they mould to your shape a bit once worn on the bike!!!

Also:
some gloves (and a pair for my bro' for Xmas (lucky chap :laugh:)

the water bottle - a must after I went out the other evening without a drink.

the specs - a bargain at the price & hopefully will keep those pesky flies out of my eyes. Not sure how cool I look in them tho' but maybe I will soon be cycling so fast people won't have time to see what I look like!

and I also took a punt on some mud guards at £7.99 as I don't have any, and they might stop that black stripe up my back.....

I resisted the ladies jacket in super cool white with pink trim - not an ideal colour for winter and the only choice they had :sad: - will look out for something secondhand on eBay ....

KingstonBiker

ALDI Walton on Thames

3 customers at 8am all Cyclists.

I bought Winter cycling trousers - a little loose around the bottom of the legs but still wearable.
A compression top & bottoms, more out of intrigue rather than necessity - both fit well.

And the thing I actually needed arm warmers. I bought the L/XL unfortunately I think they would still be a bit loose on Rambo. If I take them back do you think I'll be able to change them for the S/M size (assuming they have some stock left)?

david k

Hi
i got winter trousers, cycle shoes with straps, winter gloves and two water bottles as a crimbo prezzie for the kids

Tyke

If I take them back do you think I'll be able to change them for the S/M size (assuming they have some stock left)?

Yes Aldi are very good at exchanging things if they still have them and will refund if not as long as you have the receipt and original packaging. Don't wait long if you want an exchange or they will all be gone.

Bobtoo

Über Member
I've always wondered if Lidl and Aldi's specials are specially made for them. I find it hard to believe that a factory has gone to the trouble of designing and tooling up for one or two relatively small batches a year, but you never seem to see their stuff elsewhere. Most budget kit appears all over the place with different brands.

Top Bottom