Aldi, next week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Had a look at the so-called Merino top.......it's 70% acrylic, so the pong factor will still be there. It stayed in the shop. Ended up with legwarmers, overshoes and compression top.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Mrs CK got me a waterproof coat warm but will be great for mid winter., some waterproof trousers which i didnt want and some gloves .

The gloves will be going back i asked for a large and i cant even get them on properly ! I will be popping down in a minute to see if the have an XL.... and to take the overtrousers back.

chugsy

Mrs CK got me a waterproof coat warm but will be great for mid winter., some waterproof trousers which i didnt want and some gloves .

The gloves will be going back i asked for a large and i cant even get them on properly ! I will be popping down in a minute to see if the have an XL.... and to take the overtrousers back.

I couldn't find a large and settled for XL of which there were plenty at my branch - a little loose but not overly so... room for a liner glove I guess but I hope it won't come to that!

albion

Guru
I had one of last year Merinos when reduced at £6.99 only to be disappointed by the 30% wool factor.

I bought the rack. The nuts certainly did look very roughly mad but I have to say it is a very high quality bit of kit and so it should get me out safely camping.

I also have a seat post attached one that I deem untrustworthy.

knitgirl

Aldi Finchley

There were a queue of cyclists ready when they opened at 8.00am this morning.
I bought a ladies winter jacket (which my OH described as half a shell suit) - not particularly stylish but it will do the job, a pair of waterproof trousers and the reflective bands for me. I also bought a puncture repair kit and a water bottle for a friend who's just started to commute to work.

I've also bought other things from Lidl's last couple of sales which I've been very happy with.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Bought one of the winter cycling shirts in large

Mmm - still need to loose some weight :sad:

I feel the organisers of the national cycle show at the nec will be regretting the decision to hold it so soon after the recent aldi/lidl sales extravaganza, seems like everyone has 'spent' out already!!

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
I got me some long sleeve jerseys for commuting, couple of pairs of leg warmers, I really like these with the zip and quite thick ideal for winter, wasn't sure on the winter jacket, but bought it anyway, if I don't use it on the road bike it'll do nicely to get covered in mud on the mtb, be nice and warm with a compression base layer. They are quite baggy round the stomach area but I don't mind that as I like jackets more baggy. I'm seriously not buying anymore cycling gear. My wardrobe is 80% cycling!!!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I bought the rear rack, looks pretty sturdy for a tenner and is perfect for my rigid mtb which is a pub/utility/family/winter beater. :biggrin:

Hip Priest

Veteran
Just back from Aldi in Newcastle. Bought:

1 x Pair of cycling shoes
1 x Pair of socks
1 x Lock (for my other half)

Got some lager and cheese balls too, but you don't want to know about that.

Disappointed that they're run out of winter trousers in my size, as that is what I went in for! Glad to have my first pair of cycling shoes. Obviously, they'll not be as good as the big brands, but it'll be nice to have proper firm soles instead of my normal trainers.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just got back, plenty of stuff left at Aldi Swadlincote.

Swapped the gloves easily enough and refunded the waterproof leggings and bought a pair of the shoes with the 3 Velcro straps, look ok for the money and i am building a bit of a stock of clothing before mini me #2 arrives when i have no money to buy stuff.

I prefer a looser glove as i suffer with cold hands and i have found if they are too tight it does not help.

loops

thanks for the heads up on Aldi! came home happy with jacket, top, gloves and tights
biggrin.gif

Holdsworth

Über Member
Quite a bit in the Aldi in Crewe at half 5 this evening. I picked up: a pack of relective bands with LED lights, a pack of microfibre towels, a pair of winter gloves (black/white in XL) and a twin pack of smoke alarms. Not bad for £21 in my eyes
smile.gif

I did think over the winter top but I didn't buy one, I wear a base layer with a thin windproof over the top so I thought it may not be necessary. I will think about it and make a final decision later.

Chris-H

Über Member
My only problem after trying the shoes on(3 velcro straps) were there was no cleats supplied,i assumed they would come with them,still 8.99 incl for shimano ones off ebay are making their way to me soon,just need the pedals now :biggrin:

TVC

I got the rain jacket and the gloves, well chuffed. All I need is a new CC Buff and I'm ready for the winter commutes.

Top Bottom