Aldi, next week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I ended up with a pair of socks and a compression base - got these already but an extra set won't go amiss. Oh and 4 tea cakes which were duly scoffed on the walk back to the office.

Lots in the Didsbury store. Potsy, the stands were in a big box - won't fit in the panniers mate - you'll need to take the car. :tongue:

Wades

Popped over to East Grinstead Aldi this morning and picked up -

Compression base layer (certainly smoothes some of my lumps and bumps out!!!)

A blue jersey (seems OK for the money. )

Overshoes (disposable but should hopefully last the season)....

...and a water bottle (can't go wrong for 3 quid!).

Seems to be on par with the Lidls stuff but I gather the quality has been better in the past. Time will tell...!

plainlazy

Über Member
I brought a pair of winter shocks, some overshoes, winter gloves and a Merino top, all for £30.
This was in the Fareham branch and people where comming out with arm fulls of stuff. Never knew there was so many cyclist in my area !
Brought the socks before and they are great, but if the other stuff last the winter, then i will be happy.

Pauln

I got into the Bromsgrove branch at about 9:20 this morning and there was a lot gone already. Still managed to get leg warmers, gloves and overshoes. Would have liked a compression top or merino wool top but they didn't have any small.

Aldi Leeds, Elland Road

Went a bit mad and got waterproof trousers, winter trousers, merino shirt, jacket, both compression layers, towel, bottle oh and the overshoes which were the only things I went in to look at originally :whistle:

Not tried anything yet, x-large all round so should fit.

There was a bit of a rush on when I was leaving, probably not much left tonight.....

coco279

Über Member
Aldi Bathgate

got the compression under top
pair of winter gloves
pair of waterproof trousers
and a bright yellow jacket all for £45.

Chris.

lozcs

Guru
popped into Aldi, Bromsgrove... about half one... Had Loads of everything..

bought..

Lights - for use as a backup
Gloves
Waterproof Trousers
That radio/speaker thing

Chris-H

Über Member
Popped in to Aldi Bedford
Got a pair of the cycling shoes
Socks
Cycling glasses
less than 28 quid the lot,very very impressed with the comfort of the shoes,i wear 140 quid Merrel's for my mountain bike and these 20 quid cheapies are more comfy new than the Merrel's were.

Hardrock93

Guru
Shoes are indeed heavy, I picked up a pair for a closer look and they felt like over a kilo!

They are!

Never having owned a pair of cycling shoes before, I bought a pair of the lace up ones (I don't think I'm of an age for silver footwear) which do indeed weigh more than 1kg. Also, the left one was missing the top lace holes but since said holes on the right shoe are simply punched through the fabric, it didn't take long to sort out the problem.

plainlazy

Über Member
Just tried on the merino top and it is so itchy, brings back scary memories of a wooly tank top my mum use to make me wear.
Dont think i will be able to wear it, without some type of therapy!

Lee

Just spent £44 on a pair of waterproof pants/Leggings/Mudguards and a Compression Top.

Moss

Well, it was all going on at our local Aldi Store today! I think everyone has heard about the cracking deals on cycle clothing and othe bits & bobs? I bought a Top (Red Black & White) a Winter Cycle Jacket, also in red black and white; and a pair of Winter Gloves! Sorted for less than £30.00

chugsy

Aldi - Hucknall Nottingham had loads of stock this morning. I walked away with just gloves as I missed out last year and regretted it. Hummed and ah'ed over the rack but I don't really need it (I have an Altura Arran Klik Fix jobbie ) and the bolts looked really low rent and soft... I dithered over the towels too but decided to put the money towards a memory foam pillow instead (and Haribo). I was half asleep so hard to focus!

Top Bottom