Aldi panniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking at getting some reasonably priced panniers as I'm re-building the old Trek as a 'shopper' bike.

See Aldi do some online and wondered if anyone has these or have had them;good,rubbish any alternative?

ta in advance.

Trickedem

Guru
I've got some on my shopper bike. They're ok and for the cost, great value for money

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I bought a pair about 4 years ago, they didn't last 4 weeks before the clip broke, I didn't even have that much in it. They may have improved it since then or I had a duff one. But check the clips when you buy!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I have a pair, heavily used for about 18 months.
Well, only one of the pair is left now, as the other one burst at the bottom: my fault for overloading.
I would buy them again.

Last time i saw them they didn't look up to much.

Sorry pat, that sounds like bad value to me.

I am something of a meanie/suspicious of product marketing hype but i think panniers are something it is worth paying serious money for.

My ortlieb bikepackers look good as new after over 15 years. Paid for themselves easily by carrying a load of budget shopping/market produce.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Last time i saw them they didn't look up to much.

Sorry pat, that sounds like bad value to me.

I am something of a meanie/suspicious of product marketing hype but i think panniers are something it is worth paying serious money for.

My ortlieb bikepackers look good as new after over 15 years. Paid for themselves easily by carrying a load of budget shopping/market produce.
For me panniers are like handbags, like to have loads different ones.
Yes, the Ortliebs are great but a bit to big for my daily use, stuff keeps getting lost in their depths.

Well yes, i also have a smaller rear pair - alturas, can never remember name, so good they discontinued them. But i have no cheap panniers.

I would still advise against aldi (or lidl) panniers. Not being snobby - much aldi stuff is very good and on many a ride I am virtually "man at aldi". But panniers or shoes - no.

Top Bottom