Aldi rear camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZmruGbBD9o
on the road footage

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQkld9PS_Zo
unboxing review

Bear in mind there will be some image quality loss when uploading to Youtube.

(not my videos!)

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
some night time performance would of been nice aswell. Something tells me you'll most likely just about be able to make out number plates with all the glare of the headlights behind you.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~

I guess i'll be taking mine back for a refund then. pretty disappointed since i literally got out of bed and rushed out at 9am just to get one

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I guess i'll be taking mine back for a refund then. pretty disappointed since i literally got out of bed and rushed out at 9am just to get one
Test it for yourself. They might just be using it wrong or have not read the instructions correctly. I've at least one camera where I discovered how to trigger loop recording only after a few weeks :laugh:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Test it for yourself. They might just be using it wrong or have not read the instructions correctly. I've at least one camera where I discovered how to trigger loop recording only after a few weeks :laugh:

Imo the instructions are really basic. They dont even tell you the maximum capacity of memory card that the device supports. Ive tried a 64GB and 128GB but i dont have a 32GB spare and neither of them worked so i stuck with the 8GB that came with it for testing.

But as you can see from some of the samples. the video quality aint too great and this is supposed to be 1080p quality as well but looks closer to 480-640p thats been stretched or upscaled to 1080p. Even 720p would look better.

as far as functionality goes. there is nothing in the manual about loop recording and theres only two buttons on the device to mess around with. One is dedicated to brightness while the other is dedicated to turning on and off and cycling through lighting modes. Its incredibly basic for what it is.... For £15 it would be a steal. £20 would be pushing it but still a half decent buy.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Time/date is set via a text file and deletion is not rocket science!
Not rocket science, but rather irritating to have to keep taking the memory card out and put it in a computer. The text file and the grumbles about scaling and file size and memory card size makes me wonder if it might even be a version of the cheap old 808 camera circuit.

albion

Guru
I, prior, missed seeing the 1mp spec on the Aldi site, yet 720p was already mentioned here.
The text file has to be fairly typical for this type of screenless item. However, it does make me wonder if any auto delete has strict requirements. such as not deleting files.

A review at Aldi now says 'no auto delete'.

Top Bottom