aldi - what did you get?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member

Last edited:

Reddragon

I got 2 long sleeve tops, 1 winter jacket (cheaper one) gloves, base layers, hat and neck warmer. No excuses for not going out in the cold! Was disappointed that the waterproof trousers were not available.

Sim2003

couple packs of the sports drink tablets,
rear strip light ,
easy fit lights for my back up bike .

Clothes didnt fit me so that was poo.

ACS

Legendary Member
2x Merino base layers to replace the 2 I purchased 3 years ago. Excellent kit for commuting in.

sight-pin

Veteran

Garmin's not branded? personally it seems to me that quite a lot of branded products are made in China etc anyway lol

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Clothing, where it's made isn't the issue, it's the fit and quality. Tbh for me, the aldi and lidl stuff simply doesn't offer the same feel as the brands I go for. And they also don't produce ladies clothing in larger sizes.

I've got a garmin 800 so why would I want or need a 500

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I only came back with a tube of electrolyte tablets and lobster mitts. I thought I'd give their performance winter jacket a go but they didn't have my size.

vickster

Legendary Member
Nothing, nothing I need on the list.
@vickster we are not all rich you know, me I have £19 a week to spend on stuff, and to some thats a lot.
Fair enough but I seek out deals on clothing that is generally half price and thus actually not much more than the advertised aldi prices. I'd rather pay £30 for something that was £60 and justo able than £20 for something that feels like £20.

Nor do they cater in my size which is pretty crap. Normally that's a failing of castelli :whistle:

Top Bottom