aldi - what did you get?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sight-pin

Veteran
Fair enough but I seek out deals on clothing that is generally half price and thus actually not much more than the advertised aldi prices. Nor do they cater in my size which is pretty crap. Normally that's a failing of castelli :whistle:

I make you right about the size, most things are too big for me, mainly they are medium/large/xxl etc

Fair enough but I seek out deals on clothing that is generally half price and thus actually not much more than the advertised aldi prices. Nor do they cater in my size which is pretty crap. Normally that's a failing of castelli :whistle:
I wait till Aldi drop their prices, get the shirts for about £8, the L women's tops don't sell so much and apart from the neck perhaps being a bit tight (buff covers the first few inch anyway) fit me better than the mens, I have 2 winter shirts, 4 summer ones, properly about £70 in total on these items, this is over 3 season (didn't get any 2014), the winter Jacket is male, but quite long in the sleeve, I am not keen on the team kit they tend to sell in the spring, I think it has to do with not being in a team, but thats another can of worms.
I currently need a new tyre so have to forgo anything this time.

crazyjoe101

I got another pair of their normal winter gloves (last year's got lost the day before a chilly London to Paris), and decided to try out the arm & legwarmers. Oh, and some Marmite too.

vickster

Legendary Member
I dropped my 500 a few times with barley a scratch, not sure the same could be said of the 800/810/1000 ext. never dropped my 705, but suspect it would break easier than a 500.
My 800 has a silicon cover, sorted ;)

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
2 bottles of chain oil, a usb-charging rear light, 2 pairs of wool blend socks and a lightset for a neighbour. Forgot to get waterproof overshoes.

Kaatje

Got myself a winter jacket (cheap one), leg warmers, base layer top and two pairs of gloves.

I take size small and usually these go quickly, so I snapped up the gloves in x-small. They fit perfectly which is a rare feat for gloves!

Leodis

Veteran
Not sure what the fuss is about with Aldi kit, its expensive for what it is. DHB stuff is far better and usually cheaper. As the Garmin's sold out throughout Leeds within 3 hours I imagine its people bulk buying and flogging on eBay.

I did once buy a Craft or Crain who knows Gilet, it was a sweat bag.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not sure what the fuss is about with Aldi kit, its expensive for what it is. DHB stuff is far better and usually cheaper. As the Garmin's sold out throughout Leeds within 3 hours I imagine its people bulk buying and flogging on eBay.

I did once buy a Craft or Crain who knows Gilet, it was a sweat bag.
I don't think their or Lidl's food is much cop either (especially their fruit and veg) and no cheaper than the likes of Asda or Tesco. Tbf Lidl do a pretty good pain aux raisins locally if available and freshly baked. As @jefmcg can attest, I am a bit of a connoisseur of l'escargot fourré à la crème pâtissière :hungry: :mrpig: I'm yet to find one in the UK which beats a fresh lightly baked warm one from Pret :wub:

Last edited:
Top Bottom