Aldi Work Stands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Loads in Upminster this morning. Obviously not such a good seller this year

Possibly due to Lidl having a virtually identical stand on sale a couple of weeks ago at the same price - I guess a lot of people who were in the market for one might have bought one then?

That said, I got one from Aldi on York Rd Leeds and they had dozens of them. Looks good and has a 3 year warranty, so you can't really go wrong at the price.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I have never had a bike stand before, so, is the clamp holding the bike still meant to rock about when you work on the bike, despite all being tightened up??

I'm not sure if it is meant to be like that, it is because it is cheap, or whether it is a fault.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I have never had a bike stand before, so, is the clamp holding the bike still meant to rock about when you work on the bike, despite all being tightened up??

I'm not sure if it is meant to be like that, it is because it is cheap, or whether it is a fault.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
Having just put mine together, my clamp doesn't tighten unless you hold the wingnut underneath aswell as the turney knob. This means you have to hold the bike and both ends of the clamp as you are trying to tighten it- tricky. whether mine has been put together wrong in the factory as that piece was already pre assembled? Looks like the wingnut needs welding to the square piece of metal in the plastic hole.

andyfraser

Über Member
Having just put mine together, my clamp doesn't tighten unless you hold the wingnut underneath aswell as the turney knob. This means you have to hold the bike and both ends of the clamp as you are trying to tighten it- tricky. whether mine has been put together wrong in the factory as that piece was already pre assembled? Looks like the wingnut needs welding to the square piece of metal in the plastic hole.
That's how mine is too. I just put a bike between the jaws, get it so it balances so I don't have to hold the bike then hold the wing nut and tighten the knob.

OP
OP
AlanTh

AlanTh

That's how mine is too. I just put a bike between the jaws, get it so it balances so I don't have to hold the bike then hold the wing nut and tighten the knob.

It said something in the instructions about clamping the bike at a point where the bike is balanced - to avoid straining the clamp. That is per my memory as the instructions are long gone now.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

I know that, but this is when it is all tightened up - It is the actual head/clamp itself that moves about regardless of how balanced it is.

Top Bottom