Aldi Work Stands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I'll have to take a look in the morning, thanks

Gixxerman

Guru
My Lidl one from last year also has a QR clamp and holds the bike very well at most angles. I had to add a bit of old motorbike inner tube to the clamp sufuces though to increase the friction a bit and also protect the bike paint. I would have assumed that the Aldi one would be of a simialr design, but obviously not.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
just got one today; three left so took the chance.

went up easily enough, and it's held a spindly 531 steel tubed bike, an oversized 6061 aluminium bike, and an awkwardly shaped carbon bike (see my profile pic) perfectly well. even though i didn't tighten the clamps on the carbon frame too tightly, it was still more than stable enough to turn the cranks over and over without the bike moving.

the trick to the wing nut, as others have pointed out, is to get the bike in a balanced state and use two hands to tighten; pretty easy.

those fearful of over-tightening a carbon tube can turn the clamp 90° and use the seat-post, but it's a bit fiddly…

Snork

You can also remove the wingnut and flip it over, this way it catches on the clamp and allows tightening with just the knob.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I got it all tightened up again and yes, it worked..... Except that it was starting to move all over the place again after an hour or two of work, despite it being tightened up like it was at the beginning of the evening (I tightened it again). I will admit though that I was cleaning the Felt before adding polish and finally some Colinite, so there was a lot of movement anyway......

Oh well, I'll see again.

I used to be a photographer, so I am used to tripods, light stands and other clamps, but I don't want to over tighten it incase I damage it somehow as I have seen that happen and, well, it is cheap.

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Well, it seemed much better tonight, but instead, a red piece of plastic on the clamp came off as I turned it vertically when it was holding a wheel.

Jeezo, if it isn't raining its pouring! :giggle:

S.Giles

I got it all tightened up again and yes, it worked..... Except that it was starting to move all over the place again after an hour or two of work, despite it being tightened up like it was at the beginning of the evening (I tightened it again).
I don't have one, so can't say for sure, but would Loctite 222 help? (I use it to stop adjustment screws loosening of their own accord, but it still permits them to be moved when necessary.)

Simontm

Veteran
Just picked one up at the New Malden branch for £19.99 ^_^ there was still one left if anyone's local

Top Bottom