Aliens or the Chinese

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On yer trike !

72756b70ab4bdd2ca2bafac7e35e6318.jpg

Is this why @Ming the Merciless never posts pictures of his rides?

Tenkaykev

Guru
View attachment 678128

Is this why @Ming the Merciless never posts pictures of his rides?

Interesting use of a Trike although the pod looks a bit low...

tom73

Guru

Own up who pissed off the Green cross code man

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
on a more serious note , maybe North Korea ?
I would have thought the big boy countries would have spy satellites already with more information than anything a balloon might give .

classic33

Leg End Member
on a more serious note , maybe North Korea ?
I would have thought the big boy countries would have spy satellites already with more information than anything a balloon might give .
Nearly all, if not all, satellites will have an orbit which is known, and more importantly tracked day in day out.

Something at altitude, with a low radar cross section would be harder track. Be cheaper as well.

The U2(Dragon Lady) is still in use despite satellite deployment.

DRM

Guru
I also think that because balloons are a slow moving item, most radar systems would be set to ignore them, as usually it would be a weather monitoring system, used I think, to monitor the Gulf Stream, not a hostile spying system.
Sometimes low tech can give surprisingly good results

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
I also think that because balloons are a slow moving item, most radar systems would be set to ignore them, as usually it would be a weather monitoring system, used I think, to monitor the Gulf Stream, not a hostile spying system.
Sometimes low tech can give surprisingly good results

Isn't the gulf stream the oceanic current?

DRM

Guru
Isn't the gulf stream the oceanic current?

Doesn't matter where, was an example of a weather monitoring system off the top of my head, most threats monitored would be fast moving, Aircraft, or god forbid missiles, hence why balloons would sneak under the radar until those being monitored twigged what was going on, sneaky basic tech that works, it's why Japan used balloons to drop incendiary bombs on US & Canadian territory in WW2.

Top Bottom