All carbon bikes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have a Specialiazed Roubaix Elite all carbon frame and forks and would like to know if the cold can affect its strength and durability. The bike is kept in my shed which is not heated. Yesterday, the temperature in there was 2 degrees and that's day time. Tonight, it will drop below 0 outside so it will be cold inside too. Should I bring the bike to somewhere warmer or leave it there?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
^_^ Happy trolling

vickster

Legendary Member
Don’t they make plane bits from carbon? Can get nippier at 37000 feet than your shed I reckon

Mine lives outside mostly, made the white tape go a bit yellow but no other ill effects

However, keep it in the spare room if you want

Drago

Legendary Member
Aircraft composites are a whole different ball game. That said, I reckon you'd be looking at ridiculous below zero before it became a problem. I wouldn't sweat it.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Don’t they make plane bits from carbon? Can get nippier at 37000 feet than your shed I reckon

Mine lives outside mostly, made the white tape go a bit yellow but no other ill effects

However, keep it in the spare room if you want
My wife would divorce me if the spare room was used for the bike!:whistle: :sad:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
They melt if brought inside and left by the radiator (see Chris Froome's Pinarello) so best leave it outside.

I keep my Dog inside in the cold !!

20171211_203325.jpg

Top Bottom