All carbon bikes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randy Butternubs

Über Member
The Liberty ships, a type of WW2 cargo ship, had a slight issue with suddenly snapping in half in cold North Atlantic waters. This was due to the cold reducing the ductility of the steel, allowing cracks to form.

Clearly they should have made them out of carbon fibre.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Don’t they make plane bits from carbon? Can get nippier at 37000 feet than your shed I reckon
Air rushing past tends to warm stuff up, though. Apparently, you could fry eggs on Concorde's wings.

rivers

How far can I go?
My carbon bike has a room all to itself in our flat. When we move this weekend, it's getting a prominent position on the wall. I'm too paranoid to leave it in the garage with the other bikes.

Alan O

Über Member
I’d bring it inside. It could go next to you under the duvet...
That's very dangerous advice! If it gets too warm under the duvet, here's what can happen...

87c50d6e30a56a2bf3083b8c79f5fb0f--cycling-bikes-bicycle-art.jpg

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Air rushing past tends to warm stuff up, though. Apparently, you could fry eggs on Concorde's wings.
How do you stop the egg falling off at Mach 2?

U

User32269

I've started sleeping with my aluminium framed bike and massaging the agricultural welds with arnica oil.
I believe carbon is even more needy.
My divorce is going well though.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
...which were aluminium IIRC. Concorde did actually stretch in flight due to air friction though. A gap opened up between a bulkhead and the flight engineers workstation at Mach 2.

Top Bottom