All out in force tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
1st sorry for a rant just need to say it

Not long since back from an evening ride and boy what a ride only just turned off my street and they started 4 in a row of car passing too close. One a passing mini I did think had taken it upon themselves to be a support car and I was about to handed the milkshake the passenger holding from the open window. After about 5 minutes into the ride I lost count.

About 1/2 home I was almost taken out my a passing HGV inches away from my side. Moments before a boy racer gave me so much room at high speed he missed hitting a traffic island by mm.

About a 1/4 of way home coming down a steep hill within full view of me coming down it a van pulled out on me from a pub carpark within feet of me almost making me hit him side on. Only for him within a few feet of turning into rd with no warning just stopped in the middle of rd to allow a car to pull out. This time I almost ended up in the back of him.

Every other car tonight looked to be in a rush speed no problem. I did wonder if war had just been declared and i'd missing the news.

Why all the knobs came out tonight I don't know.

Well rant over sorry guy I just need to say it.

On a plus the 4 fellow cyclist I spotted all said hey as the past so that was good.

But you know after yesterday and my longest to date I did think best rest up and was really not up for a ride but i'm so glad because even the knobs in tin box's did not stop the fun.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
We all have days like this.
Did you check that you weren’t wearing your cycling cloak of invisibility before you started your ride? Occasionally I think I must have accidentally donned mine as I get the same!!

Other days, all the nice drivers are out on the roads.

:smile:

bluenotebob

Veteran
Thanks for sharing, @tom73 - you might have to dig around but there are some positives in that ride - you got home in one piece at least.

I used to email friends after I'd had a ride like yours - rarely, if ever, got a reply. It's good to know that you come on here and just (in your words) rant.

I've just got back from a leisurely 36km ride - I didn't go out until 7.30pm because of the heat - hardly any traffic at all. The few cars I did see all behaved impeccably - left me loads of room without endangering anyone else.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I rode into Westminster and back today and wondered what all the fuss is about . Two fantastic rides in the city in one day . Maybe everyone went to where you live or i dont let things bother me .

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
We all have days like this.
Did you check that you weren’t wearing your cycling cloak of invisibility before you started your ride? Occasionally I think I must have accidentally donned mine as I get the same!!

Other days, all the nice drivers are out on the roads.

:smile:

so true

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have reported 7 people for bad driving this year, 3 of them were on consecutive days last week. Must be the heat!
How do you go about that? Wouldn't they just deny it and the police ask where's your evidence of their bad driving? Don't get me wrong. I'm on your side,but i was once told by the plod that unless you have a witness or cctv evidence then..

Globalti

Legendary Member
The Police won't bother unless they think there's a good chance of a conviction, which means video evidence and serious harm to a cyclist.

Top Bottom