All out in force tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
He’s posted about having one before
Ah,so i was right in asking.;)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I rode into Westminster and back today and wondered what all the fuss is about . Two fantastic rides in the city in one day . Maybe everyone went to where you live or i dont let things bother me .
London is normally a good place to ride. True, there is a lot of traffic of all sorts but the speed of the traffic is often cycling pace and there are so many cyclists that the majority of motorists are used to people cycling. There are some idiots drivers of course, but in my experience London is generally good to cycle around.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
London is normally a good place to ride. True, there is a lot of traffic of all sorts but the speed of the traffic is often cycling pace and there are so many cyclists that the majority of motorists are used to people cycling. There are some idiots drivers of course, but in my experience London is generally good to cycle around.

^^^ this in spades.
And it's been getting better and better over the years.

When I remember back to when I first started cycle commuting In London in the early 80's, you really were taking your life in your hands.

Johnno260

Veteran
Yeah but it'll be very quiet once the game kicks off at 7 o clock. I've cycled when there's been 'mass hysteria' tv events and it's so nice to have the road to yourself...well nearly to yourself.

oh for sure, issue I have is I would need to go before kick off to get kids for bed, so it would be in peak numpty time!

DRM

Guru
There is definitely a window of opportunity on Wednesday for a quiet ride, Sunday was pretty bad too the worst I’ve had in a long time, 1 x close pass & left hook in Wakefield city centre several close passes on Doncaster road & one woman who just reversed straight out of her drive in Rothwell despite me approaching followed by a car, all this while braking hard & bellowing like an angered drill sergeant at least I managed to get past the nearside of her car, it must be sunstroke with these idiots

DRM

Guru

I noticed on the news this morning that as they were discussing the departure of Boris Johnson, that the pace of cyclists going past Westminster was quicker then the cars, seems like it’s a no brainier to commute in the capital despite the horror stories, a lot of bikes went past during that piece so it can’t be that bad.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I noticed on the news this morning that as they were discussing the departure of Boris Johnson, that the pace of cyclists going past Westminster was quicker then the cars, seems like it’s a no brainier to commute in the capital despite the horror stories, a lot of bikes went past during that piece so it can’t be that bad.

Its not bad at all, especially compared to provincial towns. For example, where I live, Maidstone, you really are taking your life in your hands when cycling through the town centre.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Look at this lot blocking my way last night.

Sheesh
20180709_190815.jpg

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
Well much better tonight though I did go a bit more out of the way 4 big hills to get it but made it a loop so got to enjoy on the way down too
Just one nutter who almost made me ride into the back of a parked car who topped it off by giving me a royal like wave out the window.
But at least with an open window he more than heard what I thought about him ;)

Top Bottom