All set! What the hell do I do now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bkool pro arrived about three weeks ago and is set ready to go now I am back from a half-term trip abroad. Internet extended into garage and laptop connected to TV to get better image but how do I use this thing from this point in. All I want to do is try out a ride of around an hour with some elevation, but what do I have to do next?

RickB

professional procrastinator
You can either go straight into the Bkool software and pick a route from the 'Live' tab which someone else has set up and is about to start - or go to the Bkool website, log in and search for a route there to try. Once you have selected one it will appear in the 'scheduled' tab on the Bkool software for you to try out.

Create an account on Bkool.com. From there you can schedule rides. From the site download and install the Bkool software, this is the part you use for the rides themselves. You won't be able to see any scheduled rides there until you set them up on the website.

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Thanks. Got the account set up, software downloaded etc searching for routes doesn't seem too intuitive I have to confess. Off to give it a whirl.

RickB

^_^ Yep, thats for sure - it definitely isnt straightforward, nothing is on Bkool, but you soon get used to how it works. :okay:

RickB

Couple of groups for you to join once you're up and running - once you join a group you automatically can participate in the leagues within the group.

Mountain Goats: the only way is up! Mountains all the way :smile:http://www.bkool.com/group/show/75682

Chaingang: flatter courses which can be completed any time of the week but with as many as possible meeting Thursday at 7pm for a group ride/race. Very entertaining (and exhausting !!)
http://www.bkool.com/group/show/72022

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
That's great to know and something I'll bear in mind when I can get the darn thing to work. I can't seem to get it to pair properly with HRM, S&C Sensor. Just tried a trial ride up Alpe'd'Huez I was on the screen going up a 3D road, no HRM or S&C data being given and no feeling of any resistance. Looking like I should have taken advice of others and got a TACX Vortex Smart. Really cheesed off with this piece of shoot

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
That's great to know and something I'll bear in mind when I can get the darn thing to work. I can't seem to get it to pair properly with HRM, S&C Sensor. Just tried a trial ride up Alpe'd'Huez I was on the screen going up a 3D road, no HRM or S&C data being given and no feeling of any resistance. Looking like I should have taken advice of others and got a TACX Vortex Smart. Really cheesed off with this piece of shoot
How close is the ant+ dongle to the trainer and sensors. Are the hrm and s/c srnsors ant+? (dumb question but I've got to ask as I made that mistake). I have moved my dongle to mid way betwern the bb and trainer (on the floor with a usb extension lead after sdvice on here) the closest you can get to all the sensors, because I was suffering intermitant dropouts of hrm, cadence and trainer control (much better now).

Of course you may have been unlucky and got a dud trainer.

When it works it's great, when it doesn't it's a pain in the :cursing:

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Ant dongle is in laptop, which is in front of me. I only have a 1m basic HDMI cable to link TV and laptop so to persist with that arrangement the laptop has to stay there. Have just ordered a 2m USB extension cable and a 3m HDMI from Amazon. This is way too high maintenance for my liking. Whilst I don't expect plug and play it ought to be more straightforward than this. IfI try and pair manually it scans and picks up the trainer, my S&C sensor and the HRM. It lists them. Next to each on the left is an empty circle which I assume you have to check and then press apply. It does not let me do this. Not happy!

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Sorted this I think by putting my glasses on and seeing the boxes on the right hand side that I had to check to ensure the detected devices can be paired. Too late to ride now, I've done cottage pie and a glass of red beckons. Will see how it goes tomorrow. Appreciate the advice given.

martin22

On mine after it finds the sensors in the manual scan, there's a square tick box on RIGHT side of screen. Tick this and the circles should go green I think .( might need to be wearing hrm and turn bike pedals a few times while doing this)

Exit this screen and then on the main page if the simulator at bottom right should have green circles beside all your sensors.

My simulator is running on a tablet so your version might be a tiny bit different

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bkool pro arrived about three weeks ago and is set ready to go now I am back from a half-term trip abroad. Internet extended into garage and laptop connected to TV to get better image but how do I use this thing from this point in. All I want to do is try out a ride of around an hour with some elevation, but what do I have to do next?

Scratch your head, turn round, and ride off into the sunset !

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Update: Got ready to ride for the fourth time in the last two days on the Bkool; 4 out of 4 failures. This is my situation. I have a good wifi signal in my garage (Between 20 and 30 mps) My laptop connects to a TV via an HDMI cable so I can see a nice big video or 3D image, but I am no further on using the trainer to ride. All I want to do is try a ride to see how this thing works. Where are the instructions as to how to this. Grrrrr.

Top Bottom