All set! What the hell do I do now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Winnershsaint
It looks like I was logged out of the simulator site somehow. Finding time to squeeze sessions in is always an issue so didn't recognise it. I had the Bkool site to which I was logged into, which listed my scheduled rides but wouldn't let me access them, because I wasn't logged into the simulator. I was in the process of doing a password reset also, which may have not registered as quickly as I would have expected. However today I was finally successful. Scheduled a ride called Alto de Dima and completed it in just over 50 mins, which isn't great, and progressed to amateur 2 level. It takes a lot to get me on a turbo for anything north of 45 mins. Add in the 10 minute warm up and I was on there for a full hour. Worth the hassle? Yes on first impressions. Thanks to all for helpful advice.

RickB

professional procrastinator
It looks like I was logged out of the simulator site somehow. Finding time to squeeze sessions in is always an issue so didn't recognise it. I had the Bkool site to which I was logged into, which listed my scheduled rides but wouldn't let me access them, because I wasn't logged into the simulator. I was in the process of doing a password reset also, which may have not registered as quickly as I would have expected. However today I was finally successful. Scheduled a ride called Alto de Dima and completed it in just over 50 mins, which isn't great, and progressed to amateur 2 level. It takes a lot to get me on a turbo for anything north of 45 mins. Add in the 10 minute warm up and I was on there for a full hour. Worth the hassle? Yes on first impressions. Thanks to all for helpful advice.
Brilliant! Glad to hear you're up and running! !

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Brilliant! Glad to hear you're up and running! !
Thanks! As usual with CC people have been more than helpful, for which I am very grateful. When it works it really is a good piece of kit. First time I've attempted a long climb. Round here they tend to be short and steep chalk hills, so it has enabled me to have a completely different cycling experience.

MiloSnowe

Glad to hear you got it up and running... Finally :-)
The 10 min warm up? You do realise that during it if you stop pedaling the count down time then starts to count down from 10 seconds? Personally I find 10 mins a bit too long 2 or 3 mins is the absolute boredom threshold met for me, just take it steady for the next few minutes as you get going

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The 10 min warm up? You do realise that during it if you stop pedaling the count down time then starts to count down from 10 seconds? Personally I find 10 mins a bit too long 2 or 3 mins is the absolute boredom threshold met for me, just take it steady for the next few minutes as you get going
That's what I'd call a warm up! :okay:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Mine was a mile. Then I started mucking about with ramping up the cadence or power levels or both every 2 minutes. 10 minutes just flys by now and I feel I am getting better over the full distance of a session as I am not having to get my heart rate to where it needs to be in the session as I was there before it started.

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
If I'm doing tempo sessions I'll do a 5 min warm up on a normal turbo, anything less and the first interval comes very hard. With only three mins recovery between intervals skipping on the warm up would probably lead to me struggling on the second and third intervals. If I do any zone 4 or 5 stuff it's almost always a ten minute warm up in zones 1 and 2. Tbh I didn't know quite what to expect, so ten minutes was fine by me

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Just an update. Today I did the Col du Vars. Possibly the hardest thing I've done on two wheels. One of the bots was out front, varying from 30-90 seconds for most of the climb. I bridged across with about 3.5K to go having caught the bot on the double figure stuff, but it/he/she went again as gradients went to around 7% and I lost around 50 seconds. As it pitched up again the bot came back and with 1.5K to go I went past and just kept going. It wasn't so much an attack but I felt good and kept 250-260W on (I'm only Amateur 4) and Calamity Spurrer (or was it Alberto Contador) was history. Gained a tour winning advantage by the time the line came of over 3 minutes.

Top Bottom