Alternative Christmas number ones.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dicko

Guru
In November 1956, Johnnie Ray scored the second of his three UK number-one singles with "Just Walkin' in the Rain", which topped the chart for seven weeks and also became the year's Christmas number-one.

Attachments

• IMG_2140.jpeg
    IMG_2140.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The Christmas Number One from the year you turned 10 played by the last band you listened to
Go . . .

the last band that just happened to be on the radio... or the last band i chose to listen to by playing a record or CD... or the last band i listened to live?

MontyVeda

I believe it would have been Another Brick in the Wall... but if it were to be performed by the band who got Xmas number one the following year, it'd be The St Winifred's School Choir, which would be strangely fitting.

steverob

Guru
Oops! I don't read things properly. Corrected my emails accordingly, thanks.
Another one who did not read the original post properly here!

I change my answer to “Reet Petite” but it’s now being covered by The Stranglers (because I’ve listened to some other music since my original post).

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
the last band that just happened to be on the radio... or the last band i chose to listen to by playing a record or CD... or the last band i listened to live?

If someone asked what was the last thing you ate, how would you answer that?

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
In November 1956, Johnnie Ray scored the second of his three UK number-one singles with "Just Walkin' in the Rain", which topped the chart for seven weeks and also became the year's Christmas number-one.

Perhaps re-read the thread guidance / post #1 (tbf you are in a popular group ;))

MontyVeda

If someone asked what was the last thing you ate, how would you answer that?
it'd be an easier question with fewer variables.
I have the radio on all day Sunday and can't keep track of what was played just before the current band that's playing.

It was a sausage roll, by the way :smile:

MontyVeda

Whichever makes it more amusing.
No one's actually fact checking

someone will be :rolleyes:

so going by the CD in my player... it's Another Brick in the Wall pt2 by Soulwax.
currently on the radio is Captain Beefheart
last band i listened to live was a local band, Deccan Traps.

I think all three would make it even more dreary than the original

Last edited:
Top Bottom