Am I alone in hating hot weather?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Hottest June day since 1976.I was there and we didn't moan half as muchThem were the days.
I was working (I was 16 or 17 I think) on a building site in Nottingham, it was so hot we were spraying water onto the walls the bricklayers had just built, the cement was drying so quick.

Me, I love these temperatures...i will happily ride in 30 degrees plus. The downside...I detest the cold with a vengeance. We've got an 8ft cheap pool in the garden, my wife can't wait to get in it to cool off, she doesn't bat an eyelid as she slides in and revels in its cooling effect....me, I can't get above my knees in it....jesus, its too damn cold.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
What is with me and trade shows? A scant two weeks ago I was soaked and freezing watching sideways rain and the occasional tent or display blow past whilst stood on a runway.

Yesterday, 22 degrees hotter, another runway and no shelter. I used half a bottle of factor 20 and deployed a silly cricket hat. The heat was still pounding away but I didn't burn.

There still seems to be a large percentage of Brits who confuse third degree sun burn with a tan. A fair few of them young if Stratford upon Avon was anything to go by last night. At 2300 it was still 26 degrees.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Mercifully cooler today but a big building takes a day or two to cool down so inside my office here is still too warm despite open windows. Last night's hooligan ride was interesting - tropical humidity and big rain drops, the hooligan bike got wet and muddy for the first time ever. :cry:

We've had thunder and a smattering of rain.

froze

Über Member
I would much rather ride in heat and sweat like pig then to ride in the cold and can't get warm enough...god forbid I get a flat when it's cold! I use to live in the Mojave Desert of California and rode my bike in 110 degree weather, but I moved to NE Indiana and I can't stand riding when it gets below 40 not alone in the teens and 20's that gets here all the time in the winter.

But everyone is different, I know a guy who just loves to ride when it's any temperature below freezing, he's ridden in minus zone quite frequently.

There still seems to be a large percentage of Brits who confuse third degree sun burn with a tan. A fair few of them young if Stratford upon Avon was anything to go by last night. At 2300 it was still 26 degrees.

I've been slathering on the factor 50 if I'm going to be outside for more than 10 mins or so. Have actually spent most of the last few days indoors if I can help it. So glad it's more clement.

Top Bottom